SimCam Alloy 1S (model SC-A102) - work ok with BI?

CherryBlack

SimCam Alloy 1S (model SC-A102) - work ok with BI?

Post by CherryBlack »

Hi all.

As above - does anyone have any experience of these SimCam WiFi cameras and whether they'll work successfully with BI? They currently use a phone APP, and give good resolution and have nice features like AI person/pet/car detection, but I'm looking for PC-based control and storage. It has rtsp, but seemingly not ONVIF.

Thanks for any guidance.
TimG

Re: SimCam Alloy 1S (model SC-A102) - work ok with BI?

Post by TimG »

I think rtsp only means BI will get the video image, but that you won't be able to use the AI smarts. Seems a bit of a waste ! Send them a support email and ask about using it with an NVR/ Blue Iris.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
CherryBlack

Post by CherryBlack »

Thank you, Tim - I believe you are right.

I'm really just looking at a way of keeping a longer recording going, since the SD card in the camera is both vulnerable, and gets over-ridden. Yes, rtsp doesn't have sound or AI control, but that's secondary to me. I have two cameras covering the same vulnerable area (from two directions), so I'd be happy to keep one running as it is with the full features of the Phone App (but carrying the longer-term recording risk), whilst the other just keeps a recording going with me having full control on this - safe storage and replay.

The Phone App system alone just seems vulnerable.

What's the simplest way to do this PC-recording?

Thanks.
TimG

Post by TimG »

What's the simplest way to do this PC-recording?
On the Blue Iris forum, the simplest way is to use Blue Iris :lol:

If you haven't already tried it, you can run BI5 as a free demo to make sure your camera will work with BI5. There are then single camera, and multiple camera versions of BI5 for £$£$.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.