Prepackaged Solution with Blue Iris Compatibility

Smoke45

Prepackaged Solution with Blue Iris Compatibility

Post by Smoke45 »

I'm looking for something that's easily set up, will push notifications thru to mobile phones, allows remote viewing, and will be compatible with Blue Iris in the immediate future. I've done my best to find something, but with time being limited I was hoping the pros could help.

My problem is my GF just bought a new home. We knew we wanted security cameras running thru Blue Iris for it, but it wasn't something that took priority at the time. Well, the previous owner has started to become a concern. There's been a handful of red flags since signing & they've been coming up with more & more reasons to come back around. Including showing up unannounced & watching my GF thru the window without saying anything. Maybe they were being polite & didn't want to interrupt her working, but with me going on nightshift soon I'd rather play it safe & get some security cameras ASAP.

I don't mind if there's a subscription fee or paying a premium. Just looking for any suggestions that will get the cameras online & notifying me until I have the time to do it the right way.

Thanks so much for your help!
terk

Re: Prepackaged Solution with Blue Iris Compatibility

Post by terk »

I haven't used their app or online plan but Amcrest cameras work well with BI, get a DHCP address by default and should be able to join their cloud ​plan until you have the time to get BI setup and the cameras moved over. I have an outdoor camera and a few indoor ones from Amcrest that have been working well for the last year.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083G ... UTF8&psc=1
TimG

Post by TimG »

I'd start by changing all the door locks :o
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Anyone that approaches a residence unannounced and pears thru the windows is trespassing AND a 'peeping tom'/protentional thief.

If the papers are signed and transfer is complete, they have absolutely no business being on your property - let alone pearing into the windows.
Call the police and have them charged with trespassing and whatever the new term for 'peeping tom' is.

I have 7 cameras round my house just for this reason. My neighbor who starting having dementia would wonder round my house thowing oil/gas on my siding, throwinf food and birdseed around my house, shooting my house and cars with BB guns, and shining lights in my windows. He was convinced that I was making noises on the sides of his house and climbing on his roof at various times during the night! Weird.

He passed away a few months ago. It's been soooooo peacful since.