irlight whites-out Amcrest turret camera

aec

irlight whites-out Amcrest turret camera

Post by aec »

Hello. I've installed an Amcrest turret POE camera that has a separate ir light from the camera. I believe it is the same as
https://www.ebay.com/itm/143814285586?c ... 781a236ed5

Works fine during the day, but at night is useless - it's a near total white-out. Through the camera's setup page I can adjust the IR light brightness. At 1% it's almost totally dark. at 3% it's nearly totally washed out, and by 5% I can see nothing but white. It's mounted on the side of the house, outside. any ideas what's wrong? I wonder if it's reflecting back from the IR light cover inside the camera??
Thixotropic

Re: irlight whites-out Amcrest turret camera

Post by Thixotropic »

aec wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:46 pmIt's mounted on the side of the house, outside. any ideas what's wrong? I wonder if it's reflecting back from the IR light cover inside the camera??
That's a good possibility, or maybe some part of the structure it's mounted on is very reflective to IR.

Do you have another camera you can swap it with to test, or can you reposition it temporarily to see if it changes anything?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TimG

Re: irlight whites-out Amcrest turret camera

Post by TimG »

Worth an email to Amcrest in case it's just faulty :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.