Nest Doorbell Camera

bigdog

Nest Doorbell Camera

Post by bigdog »

Has anyone got this to work with Blue Iris? When I tried to scan for it, it didn't even see it on my network.
Thanks
HeneryH

Re: Nest Doorbell Camera

Post by HeneryH »

Nest is a closed system not designed to interface with third party tools like BI.

There are some hacks to get streams into BI but they are just that, hacks.
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

DISH got it to work on their system as it will popup on the TV when someone rings the bell. Chromecast will also display it so was hoping there was a way to have BI display it as well. I'll have to see what those hacks are and if they more hassle than they are worth

Thanks
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The hack is to basically get a public URL from Nest and use that as a camera feed. But if the public url ever changes you need to update your camera settings in BI.
bigdog

Post by bigdog »

HeneryH wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:46 pm The hack is to basically get a public URL from Nest and use that as a camera feed. But if the public url ever changes you need to update your camera settings in BI.
Interesting... I never really checked out that option in the Nest config. It looks like there is an option for "true" public with no password and another that does require a password. I'll have to see how (well) that works. Thanks