Reolink Cameras Randomly resetting

dws4wdr

Reolink Cameras Randomly resetting

Post by dws4wdr »

I have a client with 16 reolink RLC-410's. Randomly 2 of the cameras reset back to factory settings. Reolink hasn't been any help with the issue.
All cameras were updated to the latest firmware. (issue was present on the old firmware also)
The cameras are powered via Unifi 24 port POE. I swapped the network ports to make sure a port was going bad. No difference.

Has anyone else seen this?
Greenware Network Solutions

16 Reolink Cameras / BI5 /16gb Ram / i7-3770 / 128GB SSD / 8TB Purple /
Thixotropic

Re: Reolink Cameras Randomly resetting

Post by Thixotropic »

If it's just those two cameras and they're doing it randomly, I'd say those two are bad.

A bad port on the switch shouldn't cause a reset to the factory settings so I'd bet that those two cameras are genuinely defective.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Total

Re: Reolink Cameras Randomly resetting

Post by Total »

I just had one reolink camera RLC 410 reset to factory , check the reset button and see if there is any water in the switch , or signs of corrosion . Another weird thing with this camera , random disconnects , switched ports , same issue . Swapped the POE switch and no disconnects , 5 days now .