Best night vision

tmoran000

Best night vision

Post by tmoran000 »

where can I find the best night vision POE camera? i was looking at the Dahua starlight but cant find a reputable place to purchase. I do not want something with 2 giant spotlights on it like the hikvision I purchased.. any recommendations?
terk

Re: Best night vision

Post by terk »

I've bought my Dahuas from Andy at EmpireTech for the past 3 years, either via Amazon or by email with paypal. He's very easy to work with and all the cameras have worked flawlessly, even when he orders them specially directly from China they arrive quickly.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

terk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:43 am I've bought my Dahuas from Andy at EmpireTech for the past 3 years, either via Amazon or by email with paypal. He's very easy to work with and all the cameras have worked flawlessly, even when he orders them specially directly from China they arrive quickly.
Same here. I've been impressed by the night vision but I have not done a side-by-side with any others to make a scientific comparison.

One thing about Andy though is that IF there are any problems you need to send the camera back for repair which is slightly more challenging than dropping it in a FedEx box with a return label. My only problem was self-induced (water in the connector fried the connector) so you can't knock the camera quality. But it did highlight that returns/repairs are more complex.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I had good service and a good price from Andy too. It took around three days to get a Dahua camera to my home in the UK :o

As HeneryH said, the discount needs to be enough that you can ignore the warranty.

I think he gives a discount to the ipscamstalks guys, so it may be worth asking if he will give any discount to members of the official Blue Iris forum.
Last edited by TimG on Sun May 16, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

TimG wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:04 pm I think he gives a discount to the ipscamstalks guys, so it may be worth asking if he will give any discount to members of the official Blue Iris forum.
The whole discount to members thing is marketing. Just email him and ask for his best price. He doesn't check memberships or anything.

I'd play dumb and say you bought a bunch of hdw-5331r-z (optical-mechanical zoom but no audio) a while back and ask him what the latest equivalents that has x, y and z features. You can even say there is so much discussion on the forums now that it is hard to know which model.

For me, opto-mechanical zoom was important and audio was partially important.
BernieHD

Post by BernieHD »

Hi Everyone,
Could anyone provide me with the email address of Andy from Empiretech? Private message would be great as well if one does not want to post the email adress here publicly.
I'm looking forward to feedback!
Best regards
Bernhard
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Looks sketchy but this is it
Andy Wang <kingsecurity2014@163.com>
mollyyang2106

Post by mollyyang2106 »

BernieHD wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:42 pm Hi Everyone,
Could anyone provide me with the email address of Andy from Empiretech? Private message would be great as well if one does not want to post the email adress here publicly.
I'm looking forward to feedback!

Best regards
Bernhard
this mail kingsecurity2014@163.com is correct, that's how I contacted him.
Last edited by mollyyang2106 on Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
SimilarWeb Alternatives offer valuable insights into website traffic and online performance https://top10seosoftware.com/alternativ ... ernatives/.
MikeLud

Post by MikeLud »

Andy now has his own web site

https://empiretech01.com/