HOW TO: Ezviz Camera setup in Blue Iris

falccc

HOW TO: Ezviz Camera setup in Blue Iris

Post by falccc »

Camera model tested: EZVIZ CS-CV206-C0-3B2WFR (this guide should work for other models)
Blue Iris Version: 5.3.9.17
Additional software required: EZVIZ PC Studio 2.1.1 https://download2.ezvizlife.com/assets/ ... ?ver=61223
Camera IP Address: You'll need this to setup the camera in Blue Iris.
Verification codes: The verification code is printed on the label beneath the camera. Alternatively it can be viewed from the EZVIZ mobile app under the camera settings.

It's assumed you have already setup the Camera with the EZVIZ app and that the "Image Encryption" option is turned off in the EZVIZ app for each Camera.
I've also provide some information on accessing advanced settings of the camera's so that you can modify some of the more common settings (such as removing the EZVIZ logo from the stream).

Here's the Blue Iris Camera settings to use Ezviz camera's with Blue Iris.

Camera Settings in Blue Iris

1. On the Video tab of the camera click on "Configure" next to "Network IP"
2. Set the camera settings to match the below (modifying the IP address to be your camera's IP address). The settings work for the Main Stream, Sub Stream and for Audio.

In case the image stops working use the following.

1. Enter the IP address of your camera into the top field.
2. Set the Main Stream path to be /Streaming/Channels/101
3. Set the Sub Stream path to be /Streaming/Channels/102
4. Set the Audio to "RTSP alternate AAC decoder" and leave the path blank.
5. On the Audio tab, select "Enable Audio Channel" and select "IP Camera Stream" Radio button.

Obtaining and Modifying Camera Settings

1. Follow the setup guide provided with the camera. This will connect the camera to the network
2. Download and install EZVIZ PC Studio onto a Windows computer.
3. Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ezviz Studio\config and copy the Appconfig.ini] file to the Desktop. (Alternatively, edit the file with a text editor that has been "Run As Administrator" )
4. Add the following to the end of the file and save it:

[LocalOperation]
Show=1

5. Copy the file from the desktop back to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ezviz Studio\config and overwrite the file.
6. Open EZVIZ Studio.
7. You can either Click on the Login button to log into your account or you can use the Verification code to access each camera.
8. Click on the "All Devices" button on the bottom left of the window.
9. The All Devices window should open and it should show all EZVIZ camera's found on the LAN (NOTE: The computer running EZVIZ Studio must be on the same network/vlan as the cameras)
10. Click on the Advanced button under the camera you want to view/modify the settings of. (NOTE: If you did not login to your EZVIZ account in Step 7 the advanced button will be missing in which case you will need to double click each camera under the main window -> Devices on LAN section and enter the verification code)
11. You can now see all of the settings and modify them as required. Here are some of the settings I modified:-

System -> General -> Time: NTP server address. Modified to an internal NTP server I have so that the camera doesn't need internet access for NTP. I found that the camera's lose time if not able to reach an NTP server.
Network-> EZVIZ Cloud: Enable EZVIZ cloud. Removed the tick from the checkbox so that the camera doesn't connect to EZVIZ Cloud.
Image-> Video Display: Show Yingshi. Removed the tick from the checkbox to remove the EZVIZ logo from the video stream.
Image-> Video & Audio. You may want to modify the maximum bitrate (increase it) or adjust bit rate, video quality etc. Note there is a Main and Sub Stream that can be modified.

You can now use your EZVIZ camera's with Blue Iris and no longer need the EZVIZ mobile app. You can also block the camera's from accessing the internet and they will continue to function.

Removing EZVIZ Studio completely

If you uninstall EZVIZ Studio via the control panel/Apps and Features it leaves some things behind. Concerningly, it keeps a service running called "npf" which uses npf64.sys in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ezviz Studio. That file appears to be related to packet capture (do I think it is snooping? yes I do). To remove the spyware, do the following:

1. Open an elevated CMD prompt
2. Run the following commands

net stop npf
sc delete npf

Then delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Ezviz Studio" folder and it's contents.
Last edited by falccc on Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
TimG

Re: HOW TO: Ezviz Camera setup in Blue Iris

Post by TimG »

WOW !

That is thorough. And they do a doorbell camera too. Anybody up for some testing :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
steft

Post by steft »

@falccc
Thank you for the clear and detailed description. However, I am struggling to find the username and password. I tried admin, admin and admin, 12345 without success. There is an option under Remote Configuration -> User, but it is greyed out.
steft

Post by steft »

My apologies. I should have searched the forum. The username is admin & password is the verification code (printed with the QR code on the camera body). I have the CV310 and your instructions work perfectly. Thanks.