Small and cheap?

yourpalfranc

Small and cheap?

Post by yourpalfranc »

I have all my outdoor cameras setup and working in Blue Iris and they're mainly Annke and Reolink models. However, I'd like to find a small inexpensive camera for a couple of floating/semi-permanent indoor applications. I bought a Wyze Cam V2 and set it up in it's native configuration for a test and I like the form factor a lot. It provides a decent image for my purpose, but I'm a little put off that you need to flash a new firmware to get RTSP functionality. So, I'm wondering if there's something out there that I haven't been able to find that's similar to the Wyze V2 in form factor and price (<$50) that works natively in Blue Iris?? Does such a thing exist? And, how about those that might be using the V2?? Is it worth the effort, and do you like it?? Wyze support told me today that RTSP for the V3 will be a similar experience to the V2, so there's nothing coming from them on the horizon that meets the need. Thanks in advance!
TimG

Re: Small and cheap?

Post by TimG »

Hi,
According to previous threads, the Wyze cams tend to work OK if you have one of them, but start dropping out if you have more than one. I have one of the UK equivalent "Neos" cams on test with BI5, and it's not been a good experience. I was hoping to hack it into use as a door peephole camera, but it isn't good enough.
Tim
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
yorlik

Post by yorlik »

Not sure why, but my 'dropping out' of wyze cameras totally s topped when I moved all cameras I could to direct to HD storage, dual stream & set hardware decode default to intel+VPP.

I am not sure which, or if all 3, fixed the camera drops, but I THINK it was going to direct to HD storage.

I record 24/7 (saving 7 days worth, then move to storage folder for 14 days before throwing out) with trigger for motion also so I can more easily find a certain spot if needed.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi, that was a Wyze V2 issue, which is the same as my UK Neos cam. The Neos improved when I sat it next to the router wifi, but I never got the sound to work on it !

Are you saying that Wyze V3 has dual streams :?:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.