Hikvision IP camera disconnects when accessed with Blue Iris android app

sharpnhart

Hikvision IP camera disconnects when accessed with Blue Iris android app

Post by sharpnhart »

I have a Hikvision compatible camera that is added to Blue Iris 5 and is working well on Windows 10 PC.
The problem is when I open the android app on my phone, the Hikvision camera disconnects and is disconnected as seen on both the mobile app and the desktop app. Another IP camera and two other USB cameras continue to operate on the android app and desktop app. Any clues to what may be causing this? I shut down the mobile app and the camera eventually reconnects.
Matts1984

Re: Hikvision IP camera disconnects when accessed with Blue Iris android app

Post by Matts1984 »

That is odd. Do you do continuous recording? In general your app is only connecting to your BI server and the BI server is the one connecting to the camera. If you're doing continuous, the server would constantly be connected to your cameras so it shouldn't make a difference.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
sharpnhart

Post by sharpnhart »

Thanks. I got it working now. Not sure what it was cause I changed a couple of things such as back up DNS, DDNs setting, and password on camera but who knows. Took screenshots so that I can get it working again if something changes. Good day.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Odd indeed. Is the Hikvision camera feed being used in any other place at the same time ? Or only by BI5 ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.