Internal PTZ

AndyH

Internal PTZ

Post by AndyH »

Hi all
I'm looking for a decent internal PTZ camera that will connect to my Bluiris server
Any recommendations would be gratefully received
MikeBwca

Re: Internal PTZ

Post by MikeBwca »

A loaded question! There are lots of solutions, Several price ranges, lots of personal opinions.
What price range?
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

MikeBwca wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:30 pm A loaded question! There are lots of solutions, Several price ranges, lots of personal opinions.
What price range?
just a freestanding one below £50 preferably with wifi
theres loads on amazon, i tried this one but couldnt get it to work ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1 )
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi AndyH,

Not in the Derby area are you ?

The camera you listed shows as "Onvif" so it should work with BI with a bit of fineagling. Did you try it with a network cable and find the IP address ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

TimG wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:25 pm Hi AndyH,

Not in the Derby area are you ?

The camera you listed shows as "Onvif" so it should work with BI with a bit of fineagling. Did you try it with a network cable and find the IP address ?
Hi TimG
No Not in Derby, but its not too far, Im in Sheffield

I set it up as per the manufacturer instructions using thier app on my phone on wifi
I got the ip address from my router and used it in blueiris find/inspect with their default pass, which listed the camera attributes but still no image
also tried same with cable connection with the same results.

I actually returned the camera to amazon now and ordered ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QLR94S1/ ... 41_TE_dp_1 )
Its a bonus having amazon prime membership :D
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi AndyH,

I'm in Mansfield myself, it's just that I know a AndyH at work in Derby :D

I can find positive posts online about getting Wansview cameras working in BI, but I don't know these cameras at all. Do be aware that you can't stick it next to a window and hope to see outside at night. The IR will reflect straight back off of the window glass. If you turn IR off, then you need other light outside.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.