Preferred IP Camera List

cjohn

Preferred IP Camera List

Post by cjohn »

Hello,

I need to get some new IP Cameras for use with my Blue Iris setup and am looking for suggestions or a list of preferred IP Cameras that are known to work great with the system? Years ago I've discovered ones that work well by trial and error but would like to skip that hassle if there's a known list of cameras that work great without lots of tweaking.

Thanks!

Clint
Matts1984

Re: Preferred IP Camera List

Post by Matts1984 »

What sort of camera(s) are you looking for? Wired, wireless, PoE, 2MP, 5MP, 8MP+, bullet/turret or PTZ, etc?

I think the community can provide recommendations based on experience, etc. I'm not aware of an "official" recommended list.
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet
cjohn

Post by cjohn »

I'm looking for wireless cameras, fixed wide angle and/or PTZ. At least 5MP. When the blue iris webinars were started it mentioned something about preferred cameras but I haven't been able to watch any of the webinars. I've had wireless cameras in the past that seem to loose connection with the server or were really difficult to find settings that worked well with Blue Iris. And other wireless cameras that have been rock solid without issues. I still have the good cameras but they are about 10 years old now and time to get better quality. I'm open to any recommendations for wireless cameras that others have found to be reliable with Blue Iris.

Thanks!

Clint
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi cjohn,

Ken mentioned some time ago that a list would be out of date as soon as it had been created :shock:

Better news is that the webinars are available on Youtube. Search Youtube for "Blue Iris Support" and you will find them all.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Housewolf

Post by Housewolf »

TimG wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:28 pm Hi cjohn,

Ken mentioned some time ago that a list would be out of date as soon as it had been created :shock:

I can see how that could be an issue. :mrgreen: But it would be nice to have some direction. I am still a n00b for sure, but liking my Blue Iris more and more as I learn. Just got ui3 going, and I am VERY happy with how it works.

I am looking at getting a couple 'inside' cameras, and have the same issue. I am hoping to use the pan/tilt/mic/speaker functions.

I checked by opening 'install a new camera' , and it is on the list of 'supported models' for Reolink - E1. Here is hoping that means all features work.
Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz 6.0 GB RAM 64 bit Win 7 Pro ** Reolink RLC 520, Reolink E1 Pro, Axis 221 cameras **
Blue Iris 5.4.7.11 (6/11/2021) x64 *** Location: Space Coast, Florida, USA :mrgreen:
YrbkMgr

Post by YrbkMgr »

You want cameras that are ONVIF compliant first and foremost. In my view it's time well spent to review Camera Connector - IP Config Dialog and PTZ / Control authored by BI.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
yourpalfranc

Post by yourpalfranc »

Check out Rob from The Hook Up on YouTube. He does regular camera reviews and his home system is total Blue Iris. https://www.youtube.com/c/TheHookUp