Dahua Camera RTSP Stream and PTZ?

bdo21

Dahua Camera RTSP Stream and PTZ?

Post by bdo21 »

I have a couple of Dahua and Hikvisipn cameras and all immediately worked in BlueIris. However, I now have a Dahua SD59430U-HN/I and I cannot get a stream to show - it works in a browser but in Blue Iris it gives an RTSP error. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? Thank you very much!!
Last edited by bdo21 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TimG

Re: Dahlia Camera RTSP Stream?

Post by TimG »

It appears to be Onvif compliant, so it should work. What have you tried so far ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
bdo21

Re: Dahua Camera RTSP Stream?

Post by bdo21 »

Sorry - I have been working on it more and a firmware update on the camera got the video stream working in BI (without any change to BI configuration). However, I cannot use the PTZ from BI. The PTZ works fine from the web browser. This is my first PTZ camera so I'm not sure whether there is something special I need to do in BI to activate the PTZ? I see the PTZ options in BI but the camera doesn't respond to them. Thank you!
TimG

Re: Dahua Camera RTSP Stream?

Post by TimG »

Well that's good news !

Does BI5 have a specific model for your ptz (in which case you must be close to ptz action), or is it a generic profile ? Either way there a quite a few settings for ptz that you can try.

Have you tried holding the button in BI5 just to see if it only moves after being depressed for a couple of seconds ? Worth a try 8-)
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
bdo21

Re: Dahua Camera RTSP Stream and PTZ?

Post by bdo21 »

I checked BlueIrisSoftware.com/cameras.ods for the list of cameras and Dahua is listed there but they look like generic Dahua profiles (there are only five entries and my camera is not one of these).

This is my first PTZ camera so I hope I am doing it right. On the video view, I have blue arrows when the cursor is towards the edge of the screen - I have tried holding these down to control the PTZ but to no avail. I have also got the PTZ controls below the screen showing the various cameras - when I select the relevant camera, these controls become 'active' (they are greyed out for other cameras which are not PTZ) and I tried pressing these arrows and it doesn't work either.

Thank you!
jondwalters

Re: Dahua Camera RTSP Stream and PTZ?

Post by jondwalters »

Also, make sure that you go into the Blue Iris settings and into the Users tab. Check to make sure the local console user (and any remote users) have the PTZ box checked. I recently had a similar issue and found that this was the only thing that was wrong.