Solar wifi ip camera

spacefish69

Solar wifi ip camera

Post by spacefish69 »

Hello. Iam looking for recommendations on a few or 1 solar wifi ip camera that will work with Blueiris.

Thank you
AndyH

Re: Solar wifi ip camera

Post by AndyH »

spacefish69 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:41 am Hello. Iam looking for recommendations on a few or 1 solar wifi ip camera that will work with Blueiris.

Thank you
I came across this ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... D6J6&psc=1)
its ONVIF compliant so should in theory work. I would buy one from amazon and try it, you can always return it, make sure you select the correct return reason and they pay the postage
JLG

Post by JLG »

The description of that Reolink camera (on the USA site) says it is not ONVIF compatible. And one of the reviews says that the cam does not work with BI.
darant1979

Post by darant1979 »

Do NOT buy the Swann SWWHD-INTCAM - They are rubbish.. had 2, have now swapped for 2 Reolink ones (1no POE and 1no wifi)
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

You've seen the car commercials about the huge hamsters driving the cars!

How about the self-powered RS-Hamster-Binford5000 IP ptz cameras. The box is a bit big, but it's for a hamster wheel and a little hamster condo. All you need to do if remember to add food from time to time... or... well... the camera stops! :shock:
matadoor1

Post by matadoor1 »

AndyH wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:45 pm
spacefish69 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:41 am Hello. Iam looking for recommendations on a few or 1 solar wifi ip camera that will work with Blueiris.

Thank you
I came across this ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... D6J6&psc=1)
its ONVIF compliant so should in theory work. I would buy one from amazon and try it, you can always return it, make sure you select the correct return reason and they pay the postage
I have 2 Reolink cameras and you can have both of them. Rubbish.
King2

Post by King2 »

I am also looking for an inexpensive Solar IP Camera that works with Blur Iris. The problem I am running into is they are designed to work with a cell phone app and a cloud service. The one I currently am trying to get working is a ieGeek ZS-GX3S and it lets me see the IP address that has been assigned through DHCP, I can ping it but not connect to it with a web browser. With this one I can see the IP but not change it, I can't change the default admin username or password (No red flags here) Then I have to go back and forth with their support and then finally send it back to try another one. I have been looking at the list of cameras that Blue Iris has in their software which ieGeek was one of them, hoping it would help narrow down the search. Since I had the IP address I tried to let Blue Iris configure the camera but it didn’t work. It tried admin name "admin" but it didn't have the default password and I didn't know what it was.

Things I need the camera to do:
  • Can the default admin user name and password be changed?
    Can you assign a Static IP Address to the camera?
    Can the camera be viewed through a PC Web Browser?
    Will the camera work with Blue Iris?
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

MikeBwca wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:57 amHow about the self-powered RS-Hamster-Binford5000 IP ptz cameras. The box is a bit big, but it's for a hamster wheel and a little hamster condo. All you need to do if remember to add food from time to time... or... well... the camera stops! :shock:
I think they send you an extra hamster in case the first one wears out.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS