Wyze V3

Stephen

Wyze V3

Post by Stephen »

Hello Everyone,

I am just getting started with BlueIris. I bought a refurb I7-6700 PC, Blue Iris software and a bunch of Wyze V3 camera's.

I had read several mentions of firmware versions and third party firmware that support RTSP. No problem.......

Now that I am trying to make it all play I am finding the Wyze V3 completely without RTSP support.

Has anyone here seen or heard anything regarding near future support for RTSP in the V3?

Thanks.
Thixotropic

Re: Wyze V3

Post by Thixotropic »

I think Wyze kind of dropped or scaled back their RTSP support, but that was a while ago.

I found the Wyze cams to be great little pieces of gear but not suitable for any kind of real security system. I used several of them and finally gave up due to their shaky wireless signal and unpredictable behavior (freezing, dropping off line, etc). But it's a heck of a nice little gadget for $25 or so.

Maybe they're better now but I'd recommend PoE cams if at all possible, as will most people here. Wifi security cams can be great but they have their drawbacks as well.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
iammrbt

Post by iammrbt »

Thixotropic is both right and wrong about his reply. The V3's do not currently support the RTSP firmware but Wyze has stated several times that they are "working on it" but have not committed to a timeline. The V2's and the Pan's both support RTSP firmware but it is a little buggy and even certain router settings (such as Airtime Fairness) can cause issues.

I have a ton of different security camera's (I work in the industry so many are sort of permanent loans) and Thixotropic is correct that for a "security" camera use there are many other options out there that will be more stable (just the nature of wireless really). However if you're on a budget and have $20 to spend, a V2 will make a great start for you.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Stephen: I would advise against building a system with a promise of future RTSP firmware. I imagine Wyze sell the cameras cheap, so they can charge $$$'s for their cloud recording. RTSP firmware is not in their commercial interest.
iammrbt: Thixotropic is both right and wrong about his reply.
Thixotropic stated that the Wyze RTSP support is lacking, and that he gave up with them. That would be the V2 cameras, but you have also mentioned RTSP firmware doesn't yet exist for the new V3's. I would say he was right and right :lol:

It is also common knowledge that multiple RTSP V2's don't play nicely together - I hope Wyze do a better job with the V3 firmware, but I won't be holding my breath...
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jbc37

Post by jbc37 »

I have a home network with about 20 POE cameras, but I recently got a vacation rental, an hour from where I live now. I have about 20, v3 wise cameras and plugs and thermostats. I love their products. I would like them to update the V3 so I could display it on the blue Iris software.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Still no rtsp firmware for the V3 Wyze then :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Gotta be honest here- the Wyze cams cool little toys but should never be relied on for any real security. Eventually you'll get sick of their quirks and throw them in a box like I did.

jbc37 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:15 pm I have a home network with about 20 POE cameras, but I recently got a vacation rental, an hour from where I live now. I have about 20, v3 wise cameras and plugs and thermostats. I love their products. I would like them to update the V3 so I could display it on the blue Iris software.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Helminiakj

Post by Helminiakj »

https://github.com/mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge

RTMP/RTSP/HLS Bridge for Wyze Cam

Current Firmware V3
itravel

Post by itravel »

Helminiakj wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 am https://github.com/mrlt8/docker-wyze-bridge

RTMP/RTSP/HLS Bridge for Wyze Cam

Current Firmware V3
Can you please advise how to implement this process? I am not familiar with github. Thank you!!
k6ccc

Post by k6ccc »

Wyze released RTSP firmware for the V3 cameras yesterday. I flashed seven V3 cameras last night for RTSP to go along with my 15 V2 and 2 Pan cameras and they are all working nicely with BlueIris.

Here is a link to the Wyze forum announcement: https://forums.wyzecam.com/t/beta-testi ... ble/196922

Jim