found this post which has a workaround

https://www.reddit.com/r/reolinkcam/com ... hen_using/

Seems to be working so far
2021-03-05_13-28-46.jpg
2021-03-05_13-28-46.jpg (71.17 KiB) Viewed 20086 times
austwhite

Re: Reolink RLC-810a usage

Post by austwhite »

I have an RLC-822A, same as the RLC-810a and RLC-820A, but with 3x zoom.
I had the same issues.
I got mine mostly working by ticking the Decoder Compatibility Mode option in the Camera Video setup page. I also set the H264 on the Clear stream to Main instead of High.

It's not ideal. I still get some occasional digital noise and every so often it will go to a solid grey image, but it mostly works.
I am thinking that the H265 format used by Reolink is not quite standard and has issues with Blue Iris. Reolink use H265 (or H264+ some refences have) for the 4K streams with no option to change to any other type of encoding.

I don't think I will be getting any more Reolink 4K cameras to use with Blue Iris though. They just are not a good option and I have been quite disappointed with the 4K Reolink compared to the 5MP RLC-520. The quality is not much better on the RLC-822A over the RLC-520. In fact night vision is worse.
sbaker1106

SOLVED!! (For me anyway) Re: Reolink RLC-810a usage

Post by sbaker1106 »

@austwhite You're a genius!

SOLVED! For me anyway, I hope this works for others as well. I created an account just to put my config out there and hopefully help others having this issue.

I only received my RLC-820A cameras today but I've been struggling with the multi-stream not working properly the whole day. So naturally I started googling for a solution and nothing seemed to work. But It was Austwhite's comment above that gave me the final piece that I needed. He mentioned that he enabled Decoder Compatibility Mode to get his working but it wasn't super stable. So I tried it and as I write this it's been an hour and I haven't had a single glitch, time will tell though. So far no signal noise and no dropped frames, things look stable.

If this doesn't work for some people I did run across someone that was able to make it work by creating multiple cameras and using RTMP for one stream and RTSP for the other.

So first thing first, I have my ReoLink RLC-820A up to the latest firmware dated Jan 21st, 2021. It's version v3.0.0.177_21012101 which is specifically for Hardware Ver. IPC_523128M8MP.
Now I don't know if it's actually necessary but when I updated the firmware I left the "Update Configuration File" checked so that it would erase the current config to make sure nothing carried over.
Grab the firmware from the link below, it had instructions on how to update the firmware included so I won't go into that here.
https://support.reolink.com/hc/en-us/ar ... A-RLC-810A

Just to make sure no stone is left unturned I'm running Blue Iris version 5.4.3.5, I see 5.4.3.7 is available but I haven't updated to it yet.

So using your web browser open the camera URL (IP address probably) and navigate to Settings (Gear icon upper right) under Camera -> Stream.
Here I have set the "Clear" stream type to max settings of Resolution: 3840*2160, FPS: 25 and Max Bitrate: 8192.
I also set the "Fluent" stream type to max settings of Resolution: 640*360, FPS: 15 and Max Bitrate: 512.

Now click on "Preview" on the far top left of that webpage. On the far right side open the "Basic Settings" dropdown and click on the "Encode" tab. I've included a picture below.
The "Clear" stream type should be shown under Stream, if not switch it. From here under the "H.264 Profile" I set it to "Base".
You need to click Save here and it will automatically restart the camera. When the reboot finishes log back in and get back to this exact same location.
Now you need to change the Stream box to "Fluent" and then also set it's "H.264 Profile" to "Base" and click Save.

As far as I know that should be all the settings on the camera that I changed that might play a part in this working. I'm not saying that any of these settings are required to make this work, but this is how it's working for me. If anyone is able to tweak these settings for the better please let me know.

Now for the Blue Iris part of this.
Under the cameras "Video\Configure..." page I am using the "Generic/ONVIF" Make and the "*RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4" Model.
The RTSP Port is 554 and the Discovery/ONVIF Port is 8000.
Cam# is set to 1.
Here are my Stream Profiles:
Main: "Profile000_MainStream" with only a slash "/" in the text box.
Sub: "Profile000_MainStream" with "/h264Preview_01_sub" in the text box.
Audio: "64 kbps G.711 u-law" and the text box is empty.
I can't remember if I changed my "Receive Buffer" or not but it is set to 6.0.

And it's here where I enabled the checkbox for "Decoder Compatibility Mode" which made it all start working correctly. DON'T FORGET THIS!

Here are a few screenshots to make sure there's no confusion.

BlueIrisVideoTab.jpg
BlueIrisVideoTab.jpg (105.99 KiB) Viewed 19663 times
BlueIrisCameraConfigurationWindow.jpg
BlueIrisCameraConfigurationWindow.jpg (129.09 KiB) Viewed 19663 times
ReoLinkCameraWebPageConfig.jpg
ReoLinkCameraWebPageConfig.jpg (34.75 KiB) Viewed 19663 times
Last edited by sbaker1106 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sbaker1106

SOLVED!! (For me anyway) Re: Reolink RLC-810a usage

Post by sbaker1106 »

And since it will only allow me to attach 3 files to a post here is one more of the Blue Iris Status window just to show that both streams are flowing as they should be.

BlueIrisStatusWindow.jpg
BlueIrisStatusWindow.jpg (40.38 KiB) Viewed 19663 times
Reiserx

Post by Reiserx »

sbaker1106 Thanks so much for taking the time to post a full solution to make these cameras work properly. I'm finally happy with them.
brendanjacques

Post by brendanjacques »

Hi all. I'm using Reolink RLC-822A cameras, 8 of them.

I followed sbaker's directions to a 'T', and BI seems to be reading the streams properly. It even records properly when triggered, etc. But I'm having problems with the matrix / live view. It only updates the individual camera windows either when triggered or selected. I have the cameras lined up on a bench for testing, and if I move across their field(s) of view, the BI monitor stays mostly fixed. I have to either linger long enough that the cameras trigger, or I have to select a camera (maximizing the view not required) to get a live view.

Is anyone else facing this problem with the current crop of Reolink cameras? It doesn't seem to be related to the CODEC problems they have in general, but I can't find any setting for the live view which might cause this behavior...
sbaker1106

Post by sbaker1106 »

Hopefully my post has help some people but I wanted to come back and put in an update that I did reach out to ReoLink and after I explained the issue I was having and they sent me some beta firmware for my two RLC-820A cameras that completely solved the issue for me. I was able to turn off the "Decoder Compatibility Mode" and use both streams in one camera in BI. With the camera set to record "Continuous + Alert" I'm now getting everything I need from this setup. So if you're still having issues or just want to get away from using compatibility mode just send an email to ReoLink support and explain that you're trying to use the camera with Blue Iris and request their beta firmware, that should fix it.

Good Luck!!
sbaker1106

Post by sbaker1106 »

Reiserx wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:54 am sbaker1106 Thanks so much for taking the time to post a full solution to make these cameras work properly. I'm finally happy with them.
I'm glad I could help. Check out my last post about contacting ReoLink for a beta firmware. It is actually a better solution than the workaround I posted above.

Cheers!
shawwellpete

Post by shawwellpete »

Thank you for posting about this this. I have for new Reolink cameras, RLC-810A and two RLC- 820A that I am trying to get working with Blue Iris. At this point I am committed to the cameras as they have been installed and I would really love to use Blue Iris.

I have asked Reolink for the beta firmware which they have sent me as I was getting lots of greyed out feeds on BI even using the workaround settings you mentioned above.

Firmware - IPC_523128M8MP.236_21040829.RLC-820A.IMX415.8MP.REOLINK.pak

Can I ask what settings you used for encoding on the new firmware?

Before I gets it going on Blue Iris I am just trying to get it right first using the reolink software, to make sure my streams are correct

Using the reolink Mac App or connecting to the camera's IP address on my browser, the fluent stream is visible but the clear stream is not

syversod

Post by syversod »

Blue Iris Support has been talking about frames and video playback issues on their resent Youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDkejn ... PfI7l2u64g
The web browser will give errors when the video quality is set over 480mp since v5 of the UI came out.
Shouldn't see the error if your using the PC application since you can't change the display quality on the fly.