Reolink RLC-810a usage

rml52

Reolink RLC-810a usage

Post by rml52 »

Anyone using Reolink RLC-810a cameras yet?

At first I wasn't able to get them loaded into BlueIris but after requesting the latest firmware I was able to load them as a generic camera. I was not able to use the Reolink built in profile.

I have the cameras sending the best quality picture and I have the server, network, and storage to handle that.

My problem is that the cameras keep saying no image randomly every several minutes.
Logs show Signal: Network Retry then Signal: restored

the CPU is not taxed 40-50%
Has anyone had this or can tell me why it keeps rotating through no signal?
If you want more screenshots or specific settings please let me know. I can't figure out how to upload pictures to this...

Network latency on a ping test is <=1
Same VLAN
PoE Switch: Brand new, MokerLink POE Switch 8 port 10/100 PoE+ 2 port 10/100/1000 Uplink 120W POE Budget. Only have 4 cameras plugged in so far. Uplink goes into server.
Camera stats show 8-300ish kB/s so shouldn't be maxing out the ports or uplink

Is this a camera settings to high issue, BlueIris settings using generic issue, cameras too new issue??
keithbillings

Re: Reolink RLC-810a usage

Post by keithbillings »

I am having the same issue. Sorry, no suggestions.
PyroFlick

Post by PyroFlick »

I have some RLC-820A's, which I understand are pretty much the same as the 810, just turret instead of bullet. I'm unable to get these to connect successfully using BI5. One time I got an image or two, but since then just no connect. They work fine from Reolink Client and from a web browser.

Given your experience, I guess I can quit trying the make=Reolink and Model=RLC-810A RTMP
PyroFlick

Post by PyroFlick »

BTW, I updated my RLC-820A camera firmware to 20112601 (latest I could find on their site) and updated BI to 5.3.7.12 and the camera connects and seems to work great now. Using Generic/ONVIF & RTSP.
phil

Post by phil »

I just got an RLC-820A (8MP turret model). I am experiencing a significant problem with frame rate when a subchannel is enabled. Camera firmware v3.0.0.160_21010801. BI 5.3.7.12. The camera is configured as:

RSTP Port = 554
ONVIF Port = 8000
Make = Generic/ONVIF
Model = *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Main = /
Sub = /h264Preview_01_sub

I have the frame rate set to 15 fps on both the main ("Clear") and sub ("Fluent") channels. The frame rate in BI is fine (15 fps) as long as there is only a main channel. As soon as I add the subchannel, the main channel rate drops. It bounces around, often as low as 2 or 3 fps, and there is a great deal of lag (buffering) in the video. This situation makes the use of a subchannel in BI pretty much impossible for this camera. Has anyone else seen this or found a workaround? I note that the camera web interface calls both streams "H.264" but ffplay tells me the main stream is "hevc (Main)" i.e. h.265 while the subchannel is "h264 (High)".
DiscoOden

Post by DiscoOden »

Yeah, I ordered two of them. Spend 4 days trying every configuration in BI and the cams, and updated to the firmware they sent me. 3 days of them emailing me questions like how long is your network cable... smh... ummmmm the cable you sent was like 3' sooooooo I guess around 3'.
the 'clear' stream on cam is set it to 24 frames, bi is saying its 20 frames,
set the cam to 20 frames, bi says it's 16,
you can see a pattern forming... and it continues!
oh and that's just if I have JUST the main stream added... So adding the sub stream to the same cam input, or even when I create a second feed for the sub, drops the "Clear" frame rate in bi to about 6 frames per sec. Doesn't matter what frame rate/bit rate/ resolution the cam is on, the frame rate just drops off!
l have 1) Annke 4k, 2) Amcrest 4k, 3) Ubiquiti G3's and and Ai with only 7 % cpu usage and 60 percent ram used. So this isn't a user error or system demand problem. But Reolink did offer me $17 if I wanted to keep the 2 cameras..... hahaha
I'm sending them back on Monday. Less someone pops a solution.
I will say the IR is great and the camera is very clear and warm, I wish they worked!
jamesdisco

Post by jamesdisco »

phil wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:05 am I just got an RLC-820A (8MP turret model). I am experiencing a significant problem with frame rate when a subchannel is enabled. Camera firmware v3.0.0.160_21010801. BI 5.3.7.12. The camera is configured as:

RSTP Port = 554
ONVIF Port = 8000
Make = Generic/ONVIF
Model = *RTSP H.264/H.265/MJPG/MPEG4
Main = /
Sub = /h264Preview_01_sub

I have the frame rate set to 15 fps on both the main ("Clear") and sub ("Fluent") channels. The frame rate in BI is fine (15 fps) as long as there is only a main channel. As soon as I add the subchannel, the main channel rate drops. It bounces around, often as low as 2 or 3 fps, and there is a great deal of lag (buffering) in the video. This situation makes the use of a subchannel in BI pretty much impossible for this camera. Has anyone else seen this or found a workaround? I note that the camera web interface calls both streams "H.264" but ffplay tells me the main stream is "hevc (Main)" i.e. h.265 while the subchannel is "h264 (High)".
I have been finding exactly the same. I'm a new BI user have bought a few reolink cams that all work OK apart from the 810a with the dodgy frame rate when using a sub.
Is it likely the BI devs will look into this or are we just stuck with it.
pauly7300

Post by pauly7300 »

Exactly the same problem as each of you. I have an 820A and am experiencing the same behaviors you mentioned. I ultimately want to add it to Blue Iris but if I can't capture the main stream it's a no-go for me. The only thing that works but only for a couple of seconds in VLC is this connection string...
rtsp://admin:password@192.168.1.81:554/:=0/0

It starts streaming with very high quality and then freezes within 2-5 seconds. I've also reduced the stream resolution to the lowest possible (2304*1296 at 15 FPS and 1024 Kbps) from the Reolink app. The picture dimension changes in VLC so I know those setting are working but it still freezes after a couple of seconds. I also upgraded to latest firmware build 21010801.
Reiserx

Post by Reiserx »

I've been trying to get the main stream working for over a month. It will skip 5 second blocks of time sometimes. Most of the time I'm getting like 1 frames in two seconds and .2 keyframes. I just read on reddit that it is a key frame issue and Reolink is supposed to make a firmware change to add that functionality so we can set it to work with Blue Iris properly. Sub stream seems to work okay but I would like Reolink to allow us to change that resolution as well.
rvbjml

Post by rvbjml »

Same issue here.
I can have as many streams as I want in VLC and they're crystal clear.
BlueIris freaks out when I have any more than one stream, but VLC remains clear.