Does Reolink app screw with Blue Iris

SwaggerJacker

Does Reolink app screw with Blue Iris

Post by SwaggerJacker »

Hooked up my first camera (Reolink RC 410), bought blue iris, ran all the wiring and turned it on. After a quick setup, camera works perfect and looked great.

Got the web server setup as well and no issues. Few hours later, downloaded the reolink app to see what the app looked like. I updated the cameras password, and updated blue iris to match. No issues but then about 5 minutes after commecting to the camera with the reolink app, blue iris lost it.

I restores the camera and deleted it from the reolink app. Went back in to blue iris and now I connect fine again.

Is the app doing something that blocks blue iris from getting the signal?
Lethargus

Re: Does Reolink app screw with Blue Iris

Post by Lethargus »

Old post I know, but I've been using all Reolink cameras. When a new camera arrives I let my camera network see the internet just long enough to do firmware updates and connect it to the Reolink app, then the camera network is blocked from the internet again. My networking is set up to let my main network reach into the camera network, but it can't reach out. I've got a few Reolinks set up with BI5 and the Reolink app (only works when on the local network) and everything plays nicely with everything else. So offhand, I don't think the Reolink app interferes with BI5, but I don't let mine touch the internet, so maybe the cloud piece could be. But doubtful.