Indoor Camera Recommendation

stuntflyer

Indoor Camera Recommendation

Post by stuntflyer »

I have not found an answer on this forum so I will ask here.

I am seeking a 1080P INDOOR camera with a wide angle lens. Seems every camera I have looked at has some issue, or is not supported by BI, or cannot do ONVIF etc. So, I am hoping others out there have had success with a particular brand/model. I have a bunch of 720P cameras I bought years ago that work well but no night vision.

I would like to reduce the number of cameras I am using indoors by going to something that has night vision, 1080P support, and a wider angle lens. Multi stream is also preferable. I do not want one that requires cloud support either (obviously).

Look forward to seeing what others are using for this sort of application.
BI latest versions at numerous sites on both Intel and AMD platforms.
Thixotropic

Re: Indoor Camera Recommendation

Post by Thixotropic »

This is a small turret cam with a wide-angle view (~150 degrees or so).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYS1TL8/

I have two of these and will be mounting them as soon as it stops raining for a day or so. Very nice wide-angle image but not as hi-res as I'd like. Also, no internal SD card, but that's not an issue in my application.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I know the other forum that shall never be mentioned, has chatted up some rectangular box-like indoor cam that was free-standing. It was white-labeled under a few brands. I would have to go look it put.

Amcrest IP4M-1051B,

or

Annke 151DR which seems like is no longer being made.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Here's another wide-angle cam, looks like a clone of the ones I got:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887929871.html
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Matts1984

Post by Matts1984 »

Must be good, especially if you ever want to view while drinking Carlsberg on the surface of the moon
Blue Iris 5.8.9.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz - 16 Cores | 24GB RAM | 8TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | Mostly various SV3C Cameras
stuntflyer

Post by stuntflyer »

Thanks for the feedback. I actually found this one on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WR ... UTF8&psc=1

I ordered one to try out. Image quality (1080P) is not bad, good enough for my indoor application, and it was $20. Will trial it for the next 29 days and see how it goes. It is WiFi only, reasonable night vision for indoor use, has a 120 degree lens, has to be configured from your smartphone using the IPC360 app. You also have to turn on ONVIF for it to work with BI of course which is done from the Settings option on the smartphone app. Do not expect useful tech support on this thing. I asked a bunch of questions buying, few of which were answered accurately. They said it supports ONVIF but not media streaming....go figure. Anyway I figured I could make it work with BI, and it seems to work just fine.
BI latest versions at numerous sites on both Intel and AMD platforms.