Axis + BlueIris ÷ Cellular Modem

Casey

Axis + BlueIris ÷ Cellular Modem

Post by Casey »

Hello!

I have a bunch of new Axis A6128-E cameras. I'm using them on a project where the need to use a cellular data connection. It all works well, but I'm trying to find the most bandwidth efficient setup. Does anyone have any suggestions for improving the H264 profile? I've messed with some of the settings and gotten it down from its original 20mbps output. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

Second idea.. would it be possible to use the camera's motion detection to somehow shut off the RTSP stream when there is no motion? I'd also like to reactivate the stream when someone logs into blue iris.
TimG

Re: Axis + BlueIris ÷ Cellular Modem

Post by TimG »

Hi Casey, if you get no responses, it doesn't mean we are ignoring you, it just means we don't know the answer :?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Haha that's okay. I didn't mean to post this twice. I did my first on one my phone and couldn't find it. I thought it didn't go through.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Casey wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:33 pm Second idea.. would it be possible to use the camera's motion detection to somehow shut off the RTSP stream when there is no motion? I'd also like to reactivate the stream when someone logs into blue iris.
I did a little research and as far as I can tell there isn't any way to toggle the RTSP stream on or off based on the motion detection. It seems like it'll return to a 'home' position if there's no movement but I didn't see anything about stopping the RTSP stream. I did find this, but I don't think it does exactly what you're looking for:

"Unicasting is used for video-on-demand transmission so that there is no video traffic on the network until a client connects and requests the stream." (pg 12)

The RTSP server running in the Axis product allows a connecting client to start an H.264 stream. (pg 48)

https://www.axis.com/files/manuals/um_q ... n_1610.pdf

So maybe the connecting and disconnecting of a client would do that (maybe). I'd suggest contacting Axix support and see what they say.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS