Geenie Look HD Cameras - No way to hookup to BI?

TickingMind

Geenie Look HD Cameras - No way to hookup to BI?

Post by TickingMind »

Having these on sale at Canadian Tire, 2 cameras for $50 and the video quality is quite good, I wanted to try and hook them up to BI. There is a phone app for these which works well, they are made by Merkury, yet I can find nothing about setting them up with third party software like BI. Any experience or knowledge of how to go about this would be appreciated. I have done port scanning and tried different links to no avail.....
TM
Thixotropic

Re: Geenie Look HD Cameras - No way to hookup to BI?

Post by Thixotropic »

Can you post a model number, a UPC or EAN number, and maybe a picture of the camera? I'll see what I can find.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TickingMind

Post by TickingMind »

Here is what I can find.....
Model # GNC-CW07-101
FCC ID 2AG7C-MINI7C
And here are some pics....
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9LiGh8q3pVz6oLWcA

Thanks!!!
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I found this, which seems to be the same camera rebranded (same manufacturer, though): https://www.gearbest.com/ip-cameras/pp_ ... 12392.html

It says it supports RTSP (but not ONVIF) so in theory you should be able to inspect the IP it's on and get an RTSP connection....in theory. :)

Specifications:
- Shutter: 1 / 25 ~ 1 / 100,000 per second
- IR: high power LED with ICR
- IR distance: 20ft
- Video compression standard: H.264
- Bit rate: 32Kbps ~ 2Mbps
- Max picture size: 1280 x 720P
- Frame rate: 1 ~ 25 per second
- Storage: support SD card ( Max. 128G )
- Communication protocol: HTTP, DHCP, DNS, RTSP
- Frequency: 2.4GHz ~ 2.4835GHz
- Intelligence: support motion detect
- Working temperature: - 20Deg.C ~ 55Deg.C
- Power: DC5V, 1A

Other searches returned some FCC compliance info, etc: https://fccid.io/2AG7CMINI7C

720p (1280x720P)
Supports up to 128gb
at 25 frames / sec. H.264 encoding
Field of View: 115o diagonal
Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11N, 2.4GHz (not compatible with 5GHz Wi-Fi networks)

FCC ID 2AG7CMINI7C
2AG7C-MINI7C, 2AG7C MINI7C, 2AG7CMINI7C, 2AG7CM1N17C
Hangzhou Meari Technology Co., Ltd. IP Camera MINI7C
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
TickingMind

Post by TickingMind »

Thanks for the info. No go at this point, still unable to connect. Quite a shame as the pic /video quality is actually half decent, worthy of being installed in the home. $49 for two cameras. Just wish I could connect to them via BI
TickingMind

Post by TickingMind »

Well I have tried to no avail to get the Geeni cameras to work. They do have a logon screen but username and password comes up and it has become a futile effort. Any other ideas?
Much appreciated for your time.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

There's usually a default username and password that should be mentioned in the manual.

A lot of them are something like 'admin' with no password, or 'admin' and 'admin'. Sometimes it's on a sticker on the camera or the box. I didn't see anything in the user manual but I may not be looking at the same one that shipped with your camera.

I do see they have an 800 number to call, so that might be worth a shot.

There also this page, which says the cams do not come with a preset password, but that they can be reset via the app:

https://support.mygeeni.com/hc/en-us/ar ... -password-

The responses seem to indicate that it doesn't work, though. I'd call their number.

TickingMind wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:34 pm Well I have tried to no avail to get the Geeni cameras to work. They do have a logon screen but username and password comes up and it has become a futile effort. Any other ideas?
Much appreciated for your time.