LTS or HITVISION cameras?

josephchrzempiec

LTS or HITVISION cameras?

Post by josephchrzempiec »

Hello a guy on youtube i follow uses blue iris software and I'm currently looking into it and seeing some awesome things on and about it. But iwas wondering something. Sense i deal with a lot of HIKVISION and LTS cameras that are POE network cameras does Blue Iris software work on cameras like theses? I only saw one or two places where there someone is kinda helping that person but never no answer if any cameras from hikvision or lts cameras work.

Can someone please help me to guide me in the right place?

Joseph
terk

Re: LTS or HITVISION cameras?

Post by terk »

I purchased a HikVision camera and had it working on BI version 4 for a week or so before I sent the camera back due to it not performing as well as I wanted in low light. I haven't tried LTS but if they support RTSP they should work.
josephchrzempiec

Post by josephchrzempiec »

Hello Terk, Thank you very much.

Joseph
TimG

Post by TimG »

You need to review the spec for the cameras. I use Dahua Starlight cams, and they really are excellent at night. My DH-IPC-HDW5231R-ZE shows as:

Min illumination:
0.006Lux/F1.6 ( Color,1/3s,30IRE)
0.05Lux/F1.6 ( Color,1/30s,30IRE)
0Lux/F1.6 (IR on)".

A truly excellent camera in the dark. My recent purchase of DH-SD22204UE-GN was driven by wanting similar specs:

Minimum Illumination:
Color: 0.005Lux@F1.6; B/W: 0.0005Lux@F1.6

And no surprise, they are also excellent in the dark.

If your chosen camera is anywhere near those spec's, then I think you will be happy with it. These Dahua cameras can see in colour when my eyes (and the old analogue SD cams) can only see darkness :idea:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.