Alerts in clip column not showing up for single camera

General discussion about Blue Iris
rayjay

Re: Alerts in clip column not showing up for single camera

Post by rayjay »

Interesting because I was cleaning up some files on my pc and I remember I deleted a BI folder that was empty and seem to have no purpose. It was in the program folder along with the New and Stored folders although of course I left them untouched. No idea what it was called. Is there a way of checking to see where if at all these selected clip only files are indexed or stored. And yes the clip viewer works fine.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I think we may be onto something now.

There should be New, Stored, Alerts and Saved folders wherever you have designated them to be if different from the generally recommended default locations, of which there can be a couple for different purposes.

Open the clips list and right click on a clip to open the associated menu. Scroll to the bottom and select Database -> Repair/Regenerate. With any luck this gets you back in business. If not, there's always Delete/Regenerate as a last resort which starts from scratch.
rayjay

Post by rayjay »

It wasn't we who were on to something it was you. It worked and thank you so much. What a difference not having to sort thru all those clips all jumbled up.
Appreciate it Pogo!
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Good deal. Glad I could help.

It's not uncommon for that particular function to become necessary for sorting out the database after it gets scrambled any number of ways.

Probably why it's there. LOL