Alert lag time

General discussion about Blue Iris
jdblueiris

Alert lag time

Post by jdblueiris »

I am running BI 5 and using Amcrest IP5M-T1179E cameras. My CPU/Ram are running in great ranges. I use direct to disk recording. I notice that the when viewing the cameras there is a delay. When I walk in front of the camera it may take up to 1 minute for the video of me appears on my phone. I am guessing that the bottle neck is with the camera, but I noticed the same delay with a stand alone reolink wifi camera that I have on my network. Is it typical to have a 1 minute lag? Any recommendations on cameras that have better response? Any recommendations on how to tune the camera to reduce the lag?
TimG

Re: Alert lag time

Post by TimG »

I just checked mine, and there is less than a seconds delay with my front drive cam to my mobile phone.

This is with:
  • BI5 running on an i7-8700k Win11 pc with 16GB RAM,
  • My mobile (Samsung Ultra) running on same LAN,
  • Iframes at 1,
  • ZeroTier connection between BI5 server and mobile phone.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
jdblueiris

Post by jdblueiris »

Thank you. I am also running w11 and 16GB ram. I have 3 hard drives C, V, & Z. V & Z are 12T video drives. Priort to posting this thread I was recording New & alerts to my V drive. I moved the to record to my C drive and deleted and regenerated the BI database. This helped significantly with real video to my Iphone. I now see it is virtually real time. However I still have about a 1 minute lag until I get an alert. I woudl like to get the alerts closer to real time as my patio is very near a sidewalk and have had a guy looking in my windows. Im trying to catch him in the act.
TimG

Post by TimG »

One thing that I use is the Onvif triggers that some cameras send out. I use HomeSeer HS4 which can read them and fire an event. That means when somebody gets close enough to my Reolink doorbell camera to trigger the camera "Person" alert, it sends an Onvif command to HS4 and the house Alexa speakers announce "Reolink - person detected". That one is immediate.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.