Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Rick813

Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Post by Rick813 »

I rebooted my Windows 11 PC and now when I try to start Blue Iris as administrator I get the following message: "This app has been blocked for your protection" and below that: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information contact the administrator."
I am the administrator. IN fact, IO am the only one with access to this computer.
I am totally confused and in need of help.
IAmATeaf

Re: Cannot start Blue Iris Program

Post by IAmATeaf »

Have you been playing around with local policy settings?
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

This is happening to me also . just started today after restart. Windows 10. No setting changed. I am Admin. I tried running as admin.
kentishman

Post by kentishman »

Same for me - just noticed it. Windows 10, no changes to settings...
trigs

Post by trigs »

Yes, it happened to me too. I am the only administrator and cannot run blue iris as administrator. I was looking at a website when I noticed that it had disappeared from my second monitor. I tried a windows update but no luck.
IPCamMan

Post by IPCamMan »

Same error for me also. I've had Windows 10 running all day long, I turned it off about an hour ago, then turned it back on about 10 minutes ago and now I get that same error.
trigs

Post by trigs »

My iphone app still works. Must be a windows problem?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Two thinks come to mind...

1. Check if you have permission to the c:\Progrmas Files\ BI folder.

2. Start as a service.
Wen

Post by Wen »

Same here. No BI5 updates for many months. Been running great.

I reduced the Changes to your computer settings to Never Notify. Still no luck.

My subscription is expired, but as I wasn't planning on updating I've been waiting,.

Would a fresh subscription solved this? But I can't get into BI to do the update.

Thanks in advance.
IPCamMan

Post by IPCamMan »

Since there are many of this experiencing the same problem, this means something came down the pipeline from Blue Iris's mothership
and has changed something in how our programs on the computer are interacting with Blue Irish mothership. As far as I know, if you are not connected to the net, Blue Iris will not work as it needs communication portals to be open with mother, so it has be something was sent out over the air waves
due to the amount of us getting the error, and - I'm positive 99% of users who are experiencing this error just haven't thought of checking here for info, or to post they are having a problem too. Many users of Blue Iris I would assume aren't even members here.
Anyway hopefully they can flip a switch and everything will be working again tomorrow.