Reolink 510A and 810A new firmware v3.1.0.764(beta)doesn't work for me

scifiguy655

Reolink 510A and 810A new firmware v3.1.0.764(beta)doesn't work for me

Post by scifiguy655 »

I recently saw that a new version of firmware 'v3.1.0.764(beta)' was available from the Reolink download center https://reolink.com/download-center/ . After downloading it, and, upgrading the firmware on the camera, BI would no longer connect to the camera. I was able to ping, as well as browse to the camera, as normal, but I did see one big difference in the configuration. The 'Interframe Space' parameter does not show up on the stream menu at all. I couldn't find it under any other menu item as well. Also, the most important thing is that BI wouldn't connect. I tried a software reboot from inside the camera's web page, and I also tried a power reboot by pulling the ethernet cord from the switch which was supplying the PoE power to the device.

My elation that there was a new version of firmware suddenly turned into disappointment when it wouldn't work. I guess (beta) in this case means, doesn't work with BI. :cry:

I was able to re-flash the 'old' version of firmware previously running on the camera, 'v3.0.0.494', and I am back up with the functionality I had before the 764 (beta) was installed.

If anybody else has success with v3.1.0.764 (beta) please let us all know.

Best regards,
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM |AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.0 GHz| 1TB Fusion I/O SSD |12TB HDD | Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti |4 Reolink RLX-810A Cameras |1 Reolink RLC-510A Camera |1 SV3C PTZ Camera |Dual NICs | 4K Monitors
YrbkMgr

Re: Reolink 510A and 810A new firmware v3.1.0.764(beta)doesn't work for me

Post by YrbkMgr »

If I understand you right, the basic issue is that Blue Iris won't connect to a camera (that you toyed with). In your situation, here's what I would do.

Open the camera Network IP Settings dialog --> enter camera IP address --> UN/PW of the camera --> Inspect button. That will populate the dialog with the ONVIF compliant settings of the camera.
BI Camera Config_sm.jpg
BI Camera Config_sm.jpg (165.11 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
If BI doesn't see it after that, hard reset the camera to factory defaults --> camera settings and make sure that everything is as generic as possible - no H.264 modifiers like H or + or anything. Then reboot the camera and follow the procedure above again - if that doesn't work, the next step is to verify that ONVIF Device Manager can see the camera and its video. If not... that FW is not ONVIF compliant.

I'm not sayin' I'm right, I'm just sayin' that's how I see it.
  • "Whenever I take something apart to fix it and put it back together again, I end up with like six really important looking pieces left over" -Tim Allen
  • If you know what your after, you'll recognize it when you see it.
oregonsystematic

Post by oregonsystematic »

After you install the update you have to go in to cam and network settings and turn on the ONVIF port i made the same mistake
DarthBill13

Post by DarthBill13 »

I had the same issue as the OP, however the firmware is no longer beta. I looked all over for the switch to turn on ONVIF and couldn't find it. I downloaded the latest client software and was able to find the necessary switches for ONVIF, RTSP. etc. Unfortunately the older client software does not auto update like it should and thinks the old firmware are the latest.

TLDR: Update your client software and flip the switches under Network Settings --> Advanced --> Port Settings.