Web view on port 81 weird flashing

graybeard

Web view on port 81 weird flashing

Post by graybeard »

I've been runing version 4 for many year and have the latest v4.8.63 installed on a dedicated Windows 10 server. Sometime this past month when I login via web browser on port 81 (which I've had set for years), the clips section is flashing ocassionally and this occurs in both Chrome & Firefox. The images in the app on the server show fine. Attached are a few screen captures.

Any advice on how to fix is apprciated. I already stopped/started the service and rebooted the server.

Thanks
Attachments
2019-11-20_153534.jpg
2019-11-20_153534.jpg (199.19 KiB) Viewed 251969 times
2019-11-20_153503.jpg
2019-11-20_153503.jpg (186.23 KiB) Viewed 251969 times
2019-11-20_153424.jpg
2019-11-20_153424.jpg (157.5 KiB) Viewed 251969 times
Quek9

Re: Web view on port 81 weird flashing

Post by Quek9 »

I am having the same issue but only with my Amcrest cameras. The Dlink is fine.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I noticed today that my Amcrest camera flashes every 10 seconds when viewing remotely with Tacit Viewer. It has no color flash like yours, but every 10 seconds it looks like it starts to pixelate or go out of focus then clears up. I'm using port 8081 and my wireless run is no more than 20'. I dont have focus on my camera, so not sure what its doing. Hey, with Amcrest, I'm just glad that its still online. One of my 2 Amcrest 2MP cameras died, the other goes offline and needs power cycled every 1-2 weeks. The original camera wouldn't stay online either.. both connected wireless. What sucked was I had called Amcrest numerous times complaining that it wouldn't stay online since the original install. About a month after the warranty was over it went DOA altogether. I called Amcrest and they basically said sucks to be you.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

Here's my every 10 second issue.
Video quality drops every 10 seconds
Video quality drops every 10 seconds
CAM0.jpg (245.4 KiB) Viewed 251483 times
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

LyndMc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:34 pm ... but every 10 seconds it looks like it starts to pixelate or go out of focus then clears up. ...
What is the cameras keyframe? This pixelation and focus issue can happen if the keyframe is too large. The Status/Cameras page under 'fps/key' will list the keyframe rate in relation to the fps.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

graybeard wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:37 pm I've been runing version 4 for many year and have the latest v4.8.63 installed on a dedicated Windows 10 server. Sometime this past month when I login via web browser on port 81 (which I've had set for years), the clips section is flashing ocassionally and this occurs in both Chrome & Firefox. The images in the app on the server show fine. Attached are a few screen captures.

Any advice on how to fix is apprciated. I already stopped/started the service and rebooted the server.

Thanks
I had this red area happen in one of my cameras a while back. I 'think' it happened due to sunlight coming directly into the cameras lens? - but I'm not sure. I unplugged the cameras power for a few minutes thinking maybe it was overheating for the sensor got messed up somehow. After I plugged the power back in and reset in BI, the issue hasn't happened since.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I’ll check the key frame, I’m not familiar with that setting or it’s function. That’s not a setting I would have changed from default. I can see a flicker when viewing on my server but the issue is much more pronounced remotely. This is the first that I looked at the captures that I posted, it really doesn’t do justice to the fuzziness.
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I have a setting that says limit live preview rate to.... and it was set by default to 30 FPS. I changed it to 20 fps. Is this the correct parameter and is 20 better?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

LyndMc wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:02 pm I have a setting that says limit live preview rate to.... and it was set by default to 30 FPS. I changed it to 20 fps. Is this the correct parameter and is 20 better?
The 'Live preview rate' is the fps of the BI service console. It does not effect records.

Also, you will notice Bi will use less cpu the lower this setting is - when the console is open. Having this set to 30fps is a bit much. I have mine set at 15fps. Many users have this set at 10, and, even 5. Do not set this higher than your cameras fps.

You can set this to 30, 15, 10, and check cpu % Bi uses for each, to see the difference it makes. Keep this as low as you can if spu is an issue. But then, when it gets to 5fps, movement will look jerky. 10 or 15 would be a good setting.

Also, about the flashing... I was incorrect. It has nothing to do with the cameras themselves. The flash crosses the grid of cameras also. It's a UI issue. Have you tried using the ActiveX/MPEG option listed at the top of the UI?
LyndMc

Post by LyndMc »

I adjusted my key frame to 15, no change so far. It looked to me from what I read that this can lighten the load on your server processor but I’m not understanding how this affects remote viewing. I’m an HVAC Controls guy and admittedly not an IT guy by any means.