Backup Blue Iris 4 settings (complete backup)

reddawg

Backup Blue Iris 4 settings (complete backup)

Post by reddawg »

Title: BackupBI4.CMD (version 2.0)

What is BackupBI4.CMD?
==============================
BackupBI4.CMD is a Windows batch file script that backs up all Blue Iris 4's settings stored in the Windows registry using REGEDIT.exe and renames it to include the version and {32/64} BIT architecture as part of the filename like 'Blueiris_v4.8.6.3_x64.reg'. This is the same as performing an Export Settings from withing Blue Iris Settings -> About tab.

The advantage of using BackupBI4.CMD's REGEDIT method to backup Blue Iris 4 settings in the registry is that it works outside the Blue Iris 4 console, which make recovery easier in the event of a Blue Iris crash situation where you are locked out of the program. The other advantage is that the backup is in ascii text format so it is editable.

Blue Iris 4 stores its settings in the registry at the following locations:

64-bit App / Service:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

32-bit App / Service on 64-bit OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software

32-bit App / Service on 32-bit OS:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

Compatibility:

+ Windows 7
+ Windows 8/8.1
+ Windows 10

Download BackupBI4.zip or previous versions
==========================================================

* BackupBI4.zip (Latest version) from https://drive.google.com/open?id=1COLob ... J-F9Jhsx8E

How to install BackupBI4.CMD
======================================

1. Unzip "BackupBI4.zip" to C:\. This will unpack BackupBI4.cmd and README.txt files to following directory:

C:\Bat

FYI: If you want to put BackupBI4.cmd in a different folder, you can.

2. To configure where you want BackupBI4.cmd to store its registry backups, open the batch file called
BackupBI4.CMD with notepad and just change the following line:

SET DEST=%USERPROFILE%\Desktop

Run BackupBI4.CMD
=========================
Run the batch file as administrator by right clicking on BackupBI4.CMD and selecting Run as Administrator. It will create a backup of Blue Iris 4 settings based upon the version of Blue Iris and bit architecture in the form of BlueIris_v4.8.6.3_x64.reg. To restore Blue Iris 4 settings all you need to do is to double click on the REG file called BlueIris_v4.8.6.3_x64.reg.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Preetisharma

Re: Backup Blue Iris 4 settings (complete backup)

Post by Preetisharma »

Excellent information. Thank you!
mrrentman

Post by mrrentman »

Thank you reddawg, that is exactly what I was looking for.
sak231

Post by sak231 »

Hi, is this still valid for v4? I get a " can not export...there may be a disk or file error issue". I'm on a new install of windows 10 pro. BI is closed, i don't see it running as a service either. Thanks for the help.