5.8.0.1 lost AI settings in ALL cameras - RESOLVED

MikeBwca

5.8.0.1 lost AI settings in ALL cameras - RESOLVED

Post by MikeBwca »

Updated from 5.7.9.11 to 5.8.0.1.

Lost AI configurations in ALL cameras! All 10 cameras that had used AI are now set to 'None' and the default settings.
Not so simple to set back up? Each AI camera has slightly different settings.

Tried to 'Import' the camera settings - no go. BI must have 'moved' the registry settings when they moved the AI settings from 'Trigger' to 'Alerts' tab. Does this men the old AI settings will be orphaned? I'll check the locations between the two versions.

Since I completely backup BI before each update (Registry & BI folder in Program Files), I shutdown BI, removed the registry settings & BI Program Files folder, then loaded the 5.7.9.11 Reg branches, and copied the 5.7.9.11 BI folder into Program Files. Started BI up, and I'm back in the game.

I'll take screen captures of each cameras AI settings, and wait for a few more updates before trying again. If this is corrected, then fine. If not, I have the settings in captures of screen shots to manually set the AI configurations in all 10 cameras.

I'll just chill until then. I'm soaking my feet right now.... Ahhhhhhhh
Last edited by MikeBwca on Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
louyo

Re: 5.8.0.1 lost AI settings in ALL cameras

Post by louyo »

Pioneer should stock up on beer. Recovery item. :)
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

It might be worth trying 5.8.0.0 first as it’s in that release that things were rejigged so am wondering if the reconfig in terms your settings might only be done in that release?
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

IAmATeaf wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:23 pm It might be worth trying 5.8.0.0 first as it’s in that release that things were rejigged so am wondering if the reconfig in terms your settings might only be done in that release?
I skipped that version. The only version avail on the BI website is 5.8.01.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

louyo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:05 pm Pioneer should stock up on beer. Recovery item. :)
wha- huh? I'm not understanding...
IAmATeaf

5.8.0.1 lost AI settings in ALL cameras

Post by IAmATeaf »

MikeBwca wrote:
IAmATeaf wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:23 pm It might be worth trying 5.8.0.0 first as it’s in that release that things were rejigged so am wondering if the reconfig in terms your settings might only be done in that release?
I skipped that version. The only version avail on the BI website is 5.8.01.
This is a major part of BI not being all joined up and a failing of the BI site as far as I’m concerned.

With licensing being that you can only run a version of BI prior to your support expiring surely it would make sense to host all released versions of BI that users can download.

Currently if you log a support ticket re Eval mode the standard reply you get back is to buy support to get rid of Eval mode!

My reply previously would have been to go to the site who shall not be mentioned and grab a copy of the relevant update from there as they do store them but since the recent BI server crash and burn that sites BOT isn’t working so isn’t grabbing updates anymore.
MikeBwca

Re: 5.8.0.1 lost AI settings in ALL cameras - RESOLVED

Post by MikeBwca »

Found the issue.

The 5.8.0.n update(s) checks the 'Sync with profile 1' checkbox on the ALERTS tab!
Probably when moving AI from Triger tab to Alerts tab for the first time (hopefully). We'll see on the next update.

I use Profile 4 for AI in all Cameras. I did this way back when I started with DS, then CP, so that I could easily switch between non-AI & AI while I was testing AI. In the Trigger tab 'Sync with profile 1' checkbox, is unchecked.

This is what was causing AI to reset to 'NONE' and all settings were default. Profile 1 for each camera was set to 'NONE' for Ai.

To resolve, for each camera...
- In the Alerts tab I unchecked the 'Sync with profile 1' checkbox.
- Clicking the 'AI' button confirmed AI was set to CP, and all the settings were still set.
AI is functioning normally.

I have communicated this with BI Support.
louyo

Post by louyo »

>>wha- huh? I'm not understanding...
Attempt at humor. Early adopters are pioneers. I use beer to recover from surprises.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

louyo wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:06 am >>wha- huh? I'm not understanding...
Attempt at humor. Early adopters are pioneers. I use beer to recover from surprises.
Ahhhh, I understand...