Format

General discussion about Blue Iris
Codeer-IT

Format

Post by Codeer-IT »

Hallo,

What format is the correct format to view the records into the gsm app?

Is it the Bleu Iris DVR option like in the screenhot? If so, is it normal that this format setting is 23 GB for one hour of capturing? This is like a overkill for one hour.

Now i have no recordings into the gsm app, if i look to the stored folder the capturings are there, so, how do i view capturing into the gsm app?

Regards
Attachments
Format.png
Format.png (176.25 KiB) Viewed 2614 times
HeneryH

Re: Format

Post by HeneryH »

The BI BVR format is best for using trick-play (ie ff/rew) of live or near-live content. The only negative to that is that you would need to Export any clips that you would want to view in other apps. You can't take a raw bvr file and open it in other apps.

If you only need to export periodically and infrequently then I would stick with BVR.
Codeer-IT

Post by Codeer-IT »

Thx for the info,

Will the replay work into the app with this format?
Codeer-IT

Post by Codeer-IT »

I olmost never need to export.

Is it normal that the Blue Irish format is 23 GB for 1 hour? Is this not a overkill format?

Regards
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

The size will depend on the settings you have set per camera, I have mine set something like 1Gb or 1 hour I think so all my BVR files are approx 1Gb.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Codeer-IT wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:44 am Will the replay work into the app with this format?
Sure, BVR format is best for any in-app viewing of footage.

Also as noted by others, most of us use Direct-to-Disk recording which means that BI takes whatever resolution it gets from the camera (frame rate etc) and saves it. DIrect to Disk means that BI does not have to re-encode all the streams prior to saving to disk thus really reducing the amount of CPU workload.