IP Problems

Pocho

IP Problems

Post by Pocho »

Dear friends, first of all, I want to apologize for several things, I am a man of seventy years who does not speak English (only Spanish) and it is the first time that I entered a forum, that is why I may commit involuntary errors. I have been using Blue Iris locally for a long time and I am very satisfied. I installed the application on my mobile phone to control my home cameras remotely, but I could not achieve it because my Internet service provider gives me a dynamic IP and it changes two or three times a day. I contracted the free service of NO-IP to evaluate it and then hire (if it serves me) the paid service. Due to my inexperience I have no idea how I have to use it, I already got my username and password, but I really do not know how to use them, nor what should I include and where in Blue Iris to establish a remote connection outside of my LAN with my mobile phone.
I appreciate if someone can give me a step-by-step guide on how to proceed.
Thanks, Washington.
TimG

Re: IP Problems

Post by TimG »

Does anybody here speak Spanish ? Can you help this guy ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Wow, I have never heard of a provider changing IP addresses 2 or 3 times a day. That is extreme and may prevent you from finding a good solution.

There are several good dynamic ip services and we can certainly help you get those running but if the IP changes so often it may still not be good.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

No lo siento. Yo no hablo español.
spammenotinoz

Post by spammenotinoz »

Pocho wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:05 pm Dear friends, first of all, I want to apologize for several things, I am a man of seventy years who does not speak English (only Spanish) and it is the first time that I entered a forum, that is why I may commit involuntary errors. I have been using Blue Iris locally for a long time and I am very satisfied. I installed the application on my mobile phone to control my home cameras remotely, but I could not achieve it because my Internet service provider gives me a dynamic IP and it changes two or three times a day. I contracted the free service of NO-IP to evaluate it and then hire (if it serves me) the paid service. Due to my inexperience I have no idea how I have to use it, I already got my username and password, but I really do not know how to use them, nor what should I include and where in Blue Iris to establish a remote connection outside of my LAN with my mobile phone.
I appreciate if someone can give me a step-by-step guide on how to proceed.
Thanks, Washington.
You do not require a static IP or DNS name. In BI run the "remote access wizard". One of the screens will show lookup by license and show your lookup key (first 5 digits + last 5 digits) of your licence.
Basically, you put that key in the BI app and it automatically resolves!!!

If you want to connect manually to the WEBUI and don't lknow your IP, visit "blueiris.pro/go?xxxxxxxxxx" where "xxxxxxxxxx" are the first 5 digits + last 5 digits of you license key.
This it will show you your IP.