Blue iris 4 or 5 does not load anymore, no splash screen

tellievision

Blue iris 4 or 5 does not load anymore, no splash screen

Post by tellievision »

Hi guys

I cannot solve why my Blue iris 4 or 5 does not load anymore on my new workstation I built for $3000 aud.
I thought it might be a win10 update, so uninstalled a few... but no luck.
I was thinking of purchasing the new version with up to 64 cameras, hoping it might solve my problem.. but what if it doesn't.
Hoping someone here might of had the same experience and found a fix.
TimG

Re: Blue iris 4 or 5 does not load anymore, no splash screen

Post by TimG »

Hi, did you check the help info added here by support ?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2052

I don't think the $3000 aud is the problem, my i5-3330 BI5 pc was a freebie that just needed some TLC :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
tellievision

Post by tellievision »

Thank you Tim

I only added the $3k comment just so no one thinks I'm running an old desktop.
Im running a Gigabyte x570 Auros Master Motherboard with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor.
Thanks for the help link.. will check it out now.
tellievision

Post by tellievision »

Done everything in the link..
also uninstalled reinstalled ... still the same.
Right now to keep my security running I am using isky software... I'm actually liking it.
Hopefully someone can find a better fix... the internet is filled with blueiris users having the same issues.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Do you have another pc you can test install it on ? I'm also wondering if your install file is corrupt.

If you have tried everything from the help link then it must be time for a support email to see if they have any other ideas. Did the help link include deleting the config from the registry ? If that doesn't work you really do have a problem :o

I have had BI running on everything from new build Ryzen pc's to this old freebie desktop, and have never seen this problem.
Forum Moderator.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The very easiest thing to do is a fresh install of W10 from media and do the BI install. After exporting your config and deactivating the BI license.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

tellievision wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:53 am Done everything in the link..
also uninstalled reinstalled ... still the same.
Right now to keep my security running I am using isky software... I'm actually liking it.
Hopefully someone can find a better fix... the internet is filled with blueiris users having the same issues.
I wondering if your antivirus/malware software is preventing Blue Iris from running or installing? I would make sure Blue Iris' folder paths our excluded from your antivirus. In the past, I have seen cases where AVG and AVAST blocked and quarantined Blue Iris executable files that either prevented Blue Iris from running or installing. I have the following Blue Iris folders excluded from my antivirus.

C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 5
C:\BlueIris\Db
C:\BlueIris\New
C:\BlueIris\Stored
C:\BlueIris\Alerts
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
TimG

Post by TimG »

In the past, I have seen cases where AVG and AVAST blocked and quarantined Blue Iris executable files
Good point, I have had the same with Malwarebytes Premium a few times over the past few years - and excluding the BI files and folders made no difference either. Other than sending MB a support email (Bit of a theme there eh ?), I found if I stopped MB, I could start BI then restart MB and it would work until the next reboot. What a pain in the butt :lol:
Forum Moderator.