Blue Iris 4 database repair options?

n8lbv

Blue Iris 4 database repair options?

Post by n8lbv »

I have a Customer on Blue Iris4
Version: Release 4.8.6.3 x64

By their own mismanagement they somehow had allowed or caused BOTH of two hard drives on the system to become full.

The system is setup with the operating system, Blue Iris Software and Database on a fast SSD.
The recorded video is stored on magnetic 3TB (2794.39GB) SATA storage

I cleared up the hard drive space problems, cleared out all of the old video and started over.
But did not touch or modify the database.

It has been recording fine and I can access all of the recorded video properly that has been recorded since I restarted this about 1 week ago.

However:

Every morning at 2AM when the database maintenance task runs I get "Corrupt or Disk error 8000ffff" event logged.

Also at the bottom of the screen in red I have "!!V: -3.55T"

I have simplified and reconfigured video storage to a new single location on the video drive and set it to delete anything older than 14 days or
when size gets to "2TB".

Based on the red free storage indication I suspect the database is very broken
and that the free space reporting functionality may not even be working at all.
The drive is about 3/4 full now.

Worse case scenario looks like I may need to delete the database.
And I'm guessing it will create a new one when started up.
But I expect I will lose Blue Iris interface access to all of the recorded video.
And I'll need to copy it off.

Also camera configurations and all that? is that in the database?
Will that need to be all done over again if I wipe the existing database?

Is this correct or is there anything else I can try first to manually repair/rebuild the database?
The maint. item that runs at 2AM does not seem to be working.

I've tried starting/stopping the service and rebooting the system.
Which did not change anything.

Thanks!
reddawg

Re: Blue Iris 4 database repair options?

Post by reddawg »

I would try exiting from the Blue Iris 4 console, then stop the "Blueiris" service in Services.msc, then delete the contents of the DB folder in C:\BlueIris\DB, restart the "Blueiris" service, re-launch Blueiris.exe console and then manually repair the database.

FYI: To manually repair the database, launch BlueIris.exe, right click inside the Clips window, then select Database and then select Repair.
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
n8lbv

Post by n8lbv »

Thanks for the reply.
I ended up deleting the old database (renamed folder) and created a new folder with the service stopped of course.

My reason for even posting here was I did not know if this would delete all of my camera settings or not.
I do not know if all of the camera setup details are in the database or not.
Another post that I had found of course suggests the same thing but nobody ever mentions if all of the camera settings would be lost in this process
or not.

I think it is reasonable to assume that program and camera settings could be located in the database and lost if the database is wiped and regenerated from scratch.
reddawg

Post by reddawg »

n8lbv wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:40 pm I ended up deleting the old database (renamed folder) and created a new folder with the service stopped of course.

My reason for even posting here was I did not know if this would delete all of my camera settings or not.
I do not know if all of the camera setup details are in the database or not.
All Blue Iris 4 settings, including camera settings are stored in the Windows registry in the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software

I wrote a utility that makes a backup of all Blue Iris 4 settings. If you are interested, here is the link:

Backup Blue Iris 4 settings (complete backup): https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... ?f=5&t=443
Blue Iris v5.3.9.10 | Win10 x64 version 22H2 | Dahua IPC-HFW2100, Amcrest IP2M-841W, Hikvision MINI PT DS-2CD2F52F-IS, Edimax IC-3030iWn | Intel i5-2500 CPU, 8GB Ram, Samsung 860 EVO 512GB SSD, WD Black 1TB HD.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I can vouch for the usefulness of reddawg's backup/restore utility. It's saved my butt on a couple of occasions now. :)
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS