Hw decoding breaks recording

nicopolous

Hw decoding breaks recording

Post by nicopolous »

Been using BI4 for years. Use direct to disc and runs perfectly. Added some more cameras recently and to reduce CPU usage I turned on HW decoding. All works except one camera that doesn't record anything when triggered and just saves an empty file. All other cameras fine.

I tought that HW decoding only affected decoding of streams to use motion detection and shouldn't affect recording when using direct to disc. Am I correct? If so I don't know why one camera won't record, but works fine if I turn off HW decoding.

Help very much appreciated.
Matts1984

Re: Hw decoding breaks recording

Post by Matts1984 »

I have very little to offer here but is the one camera that does not record one of the "new" ones you just added. Just wondering if you have definitely tied the fact it's not recording to the HW decoding or is there just something wonky regarding this one camera?

I guess in re-reading, did the camera record properly before HW decoding was on?
Blue Iris 5.8.8.x | Server 2022 VM | Xeon X5650 @ 2.67GHz - 12 Cores | 12GB RAM | 7TB RAID | Sophos UTM WAF | 4x SV3C 5MP Bullet A | 1x SV3C 5MP PTZ HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Bullet HX | 1x SV3C 5MP Dome HX | 2x Amcrest 5MP Bullet