Camera's timestamp and BI timestamp don't match and progressively diverge

baj702

Camera's timestamp and BI timestamp don't match and progressively diverge

Post by baj702 »

I have two Reolink cameras (811A) hooked up that I'm trying to get working. One issue I'm having is the timestamp from the camera doesn't match the timestamp from BI (both are burned into the frame). If I save the camera settings then the timestamp sync up. From that point on, the timestamps begin to diverge by about 20s-30s over a 12 hour period. I haven't let it go past 12 hours without resyncing, but I suspect they would continue to diverge. Both cameras have the same issue.

If I watch a live view in BI, what I am really seeing is something that happened 20s-30s ago. I could walk outside and wave at the camera, then walk back inside, sit down at the BI computer, wait a few seconds, and then I would see myself wave at the camera on live view. It's like how live TV is delayed 10s or so just in case they need to sensor something. It's like BI is backlogged, but CPU usage is around 2%-4%

If the cameras were pointed at a clock, the clock and the cameras would agree. If blue iris says it's 12:03 and I look at the clock it would say 12:03. BI just doesn't seem to be able to sync with the stream at the right timestamps. I've tried with/without checking Use RTSP/stream timecode, no change. The Reolink NVR shows live feed that is at the right time.

Anyone have an idea what's going on?
BruceH

Re: Camera's timestamp and BI timestamp don't match and progressively diverge

Post by BruceH »

Sounds like you don't have the cameras set to sync to a NTP time server? From my experience it is also normal to see a slight delay in the camera feed, even if you look at the camera feed directly without using BI.
TimG

Post by TimG »

What is the iframe looking like in status/ camera ? Can you add a screen grab ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
baj702

Post by baj702 »

TimG wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:58 pm What is the iframe looking like in status/ camera ? Can you add a screen grab ?
I'm not sure how to include an image, but here's the info:

Blue Iris Camera Status:
FPS/key: fluctuates between 15.02-15.04/1.00
sub FPS: fluctuates between 9.97-10.03/1

Camera's settings via web settings:
Main Stream
Resolution: 3840*2160
Frame Rate: 15
Max Bitrate: 6144
I-frame Interval: 1x

SubStream
Resolution: 640*360
Frame Rate: 10
Max Bitrate: 256
I-frame Interval: 1x
adam7456

Post by adam7456 »

I have the exact same problem with the same camera. Watching in real time I noticed that 1 second on the camera's clock will be shown for 5 to 15 seconds when compared against the time coming from Blue Iris. I have multiple models of Reolink cameras and none of them get out of sync like this. There is no defined video configuration for the 811A in Blue Iris like there is for the others. I'm able to get a video stream using the models of H.264 RTSP, H.265 RTSP, and RTSP main + FLV sub stream but all have the same time delay problem.

RLC-811A
Build NO. 23031702
Hardware NO. IPC_560B158MP
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

The title might be misleading some people. What you are really seeing is a significant lag in the live feed. Correct?
adam7456

Post by adam7456 »

It is a lag and it also increases over time. I just reconfigured the video for the camera in Blue Iris and the camera clock is 3 minutes behind real time. In the Reolink app the camera time is correct. I've seen the camera time be 15 minutes behind realtime in Blue Iris.

Top time is what Blue Iris shows and bottom time is the Reolink app.

adam7456

Post by adam7456 »

10 minutes later the time discrepancy went from 2 minutes 28 seconds between what shows in Blue Iris and the Reolink app and has increased to 2 minutes and 58 seconds.

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

You keep saying that the time is whatever. The timestamp on the video is likely 100% accurate to the time that that video event happened.

This is my issue with the terminology. The timestamps are likely correct.

You are focusing on the wrong thing.

The video is lagging.

Or am I completely misreading the scenario.

I BI the video lag is x and grows. In the reolink app, the lag is zero.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Hi OP,

I think HeneryH is asking if the actual BI5 video is 2 minutes and 58 seconds late, or just the clock ?

Can you show us your keyframe settings ?
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.