BI5 - Run as service & using GUI Windows 10

mldenison

BI5 - Run as service & using GUI Windows 10

Post by mldenison »

I'm running BI5 as a service on Windows 10 x64.

When I open the BI5 GUI, I see regular freezes every few seconds which makes it nearly impossible to make settings changes as the screen refresh that occurs when the freeze ends wipes out the change I'm trying to click on.

My PC is an Intel NUC NUC8I7HVK and I've had no issues with it - and no other problems with other software.

A few months back, Ken dialed into the PC and thought he'd fixed it by closing Gadwin PrintScreen. In trying out BI5 without PrintScreen, it made no difference. I have a Windows 7 x64 machine running BI5 and PrintScreen with no issues which I use to monitor BI5 from my office. I didn't contact Ken about this again but I may need to if I can't get an answer here.

Thanks
broachoski

Re: BI5 - Run as service & using GUI Windows 10

Post by broachoski »

This may take care of it but not sure.. Recently after an upgrade my cameras froze when individually selecting them. When I unchecked the "Limit live preview rate" under the main settings, Cameras tab, the problem ceased.
Attachments
Image00001.jpg
Image00001.jpg (48.46 KiB) Viewed 5029 times
mldenison

Post by mldenison »

Thanks for the tip! It seems to have solved the problem.

Mort
mldenison

Post by mldenison »

I spoke too soon. After going into 'Settings', the problem started up again after a few minutes. Looks like I'll have to contact BI Ken again, although last time didn't solve anything.

I'll try to turn off the service and make the changes in the GUI only.

Thanks though,
Mort