Email Notification Templates

lasocean

Email Notification Templates

Post by lasocean »

Feature request.

Email Templates for Notifications etc.

When configuring On Alert and On Reset Actions for cameras, it's tedious to populate the message details (both On Alert and On Reset) for each camera, especially when the Alert details may be the same for each camera.
Applying a template would be easier, even if the template has to be applied to each camera config individually.
MikeBwca

Re: Email Notification Templates

Post by MikeBwca »

I agree.

What I've done is opena txt file, and copy/paste the setting values there. Then I copy/pate from the txt file into the individual camera settings.
lasocean

Post by lasocean »

Still wishing for this.
This could be a Sync with other Camera Option similar to other Tabs, like Record and Trigger etc.

For the the 'On Loss of Signal' and 'On Signal Restoration' Options, I use macros in the subject or body as necessary anyway.
Therefore, it is the same message text that is used for pretty much all the cameras.

The issue is that if I want to configured email notification for signal loss/restore for say 20 cameras, I have to manual enter the email subjects and bodies both Loss and Restore for each of the 20 cameras, though each will be the exact same subject and body.
lasocean

Post by lasocean »

Is there a file included in the Blue Iris installation that we can edit to use as a template.

There is already a default subject and Body when configuring the email alerts.
If we could change that, it would suitable.

We use the same message for all cameras in most cases, just not the subject and body that Blue Iris defaults to.