Haven't seen this before

hotbrass

Haven't seen this before

Post by hotbrass »

New to BI5, but I have never seen this in the log before today. Thousands of them. One every 5 min for every camera. What does it mean???

"Events: subscription 00002efd"
Thixotropic

Re: Haven't seen this before

Post by Thixotropic »

Uncheck "Pull Point Subscription" in the video configuration.

From the manual, p23:

Use Get events with PullPointSubscription only with a camera that’s been setup with
ONVIF, has a valid ONVIF port number, and for which you would like to use camera-based
triggering. The software will query the device for trigger and alert information during
operation.

There are some other references to it as well.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
hotbrass

Post by hotbrass »

Thixotropic wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:46 am Uncheck "Pull Point Subscription" in the video configuration.

From the manual, p23:

Use Get events with PullPointSubscription only with a camera that’s been setup with
ONVIF, has a valid ONVIF port number, and for which you would like to use camera-based
triggering. The software will query the device for trigger and alert information during
operation.

There are some other references to it as well.
Thank you for the info Thixotropic! Where is this manual you speak of? This is the second time you have pointed me to a page and I do not find what you are quoting from. Are you referring to the "Help" file? If so, I do not find that paragraph on page 23 of the help file, but I did find it on page 26. And the file does not mention the error code anywhere.
TimG

Post by TimG »

Are you referring to the "Help" file? If so, I do not find that paragraph on page 23 of the help file, but I did find it on page 26.
And I find it on page 27 ! Could it be due to BI5 versions ? I'm running 5.0.9.1. Does paper size affect pagination in Pdf's ? If so I'm set to print at "A4" size - how about you guys ? "Letter" ?

Thixatropic: You stated in a different post:
The manual includes this on page 144: "By default, a new log file....
Which I find on page 162. Magic ?? :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I can't even recall where I found the manual I have, lol, but it's invaluable. I've been reading through it and trying to learn what I can.

It's 13.5 megs in size so I doubt I can upload it here; let me see if I can find a place to post it online for you to download.

hotbrass wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:19 am Thank you for the info Thixotropic! Where is this manual you speak of? This is the second time you have pointed me to a page and I do not find what you are quoting from. Are you referring to the "Help" file? If so, I do not find that paragraph on page 23 of the help file, but I did find it on page 26. And the file does not mention the error code anywhere.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I uploaded the manual I have to WeTransfer. See if you can get it from here:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/909c82 ... 435/be78bd
hotbrass

Post by hotbrass »

Thank you!
TimG

Post by TimG »

Thanks for that. Downloaded.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
WmG

Post by WmG »

Ummmm - Am I the only one that gets the same thing in the help (? button in the Title Bar), only updated? For example, a search for "camset" will get you to page 175 of 191 in the UI current version and 155 of 169 in the downloaded version dated May 2019 (continuing the sorta hijacked thread)
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I don't know, that's the only version of the manual I have. I'd guess it gets updated with each new release.

The manual is actually very good IMHO. I find it's much faster to search for terms than to go to the section that I think something will be in (cuz I'm usually wrong, lol) but searching also takes me to other pages that have more info...I basically just step through each found instance until I find what I need.
WmG wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:37 pm Ummmm - Am I the only one that gets the same thing in the help (? button in the Title Bar), only updated? For example, a search for "camset" will get you to page 175 of 191 in the UI current version and 155 of 169 in the downloaded version dated May 2019 (continuing the sorta hijacked thread)