Force to a preset after starting BI

Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Is there a way to force PTZ cameras to a given preset after starting BI?

I've looked through the Startup options and the individual camera options, but I'm not seeing it. There's something about starting in red/green mode, but I don't think that's what I'm looking for.

Basically after BI starts I just want a specific camera or cameras to go to a given preset position. Is that possible?
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Re: Force to a preset after starting BI

Post by MikeBwca »

I haven't found a way to do that either. Would be a good option.

Send a suggestion to BI Support. Maybe they'll add it.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

MikeBwca wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:50 am I haven't found a way to do that either. Would be a good option.

I'm actually kinda surprised that this isn't an option already- it seems like a very typical thing you'd want to do on startup or initialization.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Turns out there is a way to do it. This is the response I received from support:

"Yes this is possible ... please see the Events button/page from the Schedule tab in camera settings. Add a preset event at anytime of the day using the "search back" option and this will be sent when starting up or resetting the camera."

I'm not sure it works exactly as described; I set a preset in the schedule and restarted the camera, but it didn't seem to automatically go back to the Preset 1 position. (??) I'll be testing further to see what I can figure out.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thixotropic wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:23 pm Turns out there is a way to do it. This is the response I received from support:

"Yes this is possible ... please see the Events button/page from the Schedule tab in camera settings. Add a preset event at anytime of the day using the "search back" option and this will be sent when starting up or resetting the camera."
I tested this, and it works!

However.... (always a catch)

Sometimes I move the camera to another position (and override it's zones).

The camera would get automatically moved back to preset 1 if...
- The camera was reset.
- The camera dropped and reconnected via watchdog.
- At the time of the added event.

I agree, it would be nicer if there was a BI setting when starting BI.