Weird issues after latest update

Thixotropic

Weird issues after latest update

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm seeing some weird issues after the latest update...several of my wifi cams went offline and I've pulled my hair out trying to figure out what's changed.

On my end: NOTHING CHANGED

On Blue Iris' end: ??????????????

Everything was working fine until I accepted the latest update, and then it all went to crap.

Not feeling all that excited about Blue Iris right now. :( I need a system I can configure and then forget about, I don't need a system where I have to screw around with it again and again and again to keep it running. Seriously, Ken, what the hell is going on???
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Re: Weird issues after latest update

Post by MikeBwca »

What version did you upgrade from, and what new version are you referring too? Both would be very helpful to know.

I'm at 5.0.8.1, and it's running fine. The new version if 5.0.8.2.

We all usually run BI slightly different. What new issues are you having?
szeiger

Post by szeiger »

I'm right there with you. The latest update took out 4 of my cameras.

I emailed BI yesterday, we'll see if they get back to me. Usually they do not

I'm at version 5.0.8.2 x64
Last edited by szeiger on Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Sounds like the best course of action would be to send BI support a message about this. Please reply back with any possible resolution.
TimG

Post by TimG »

And let us know the errant version too. I'm all OK on 5.0.8.1 at the moment :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
ArJuna

Post by ArJuna »

I am a long time user of BI and usually had no problems except once a new Sharx camera speaker issue. That's why I am surprised to hear of so many issues with version 5.0. I am still waiting to see the coast is clear (of bugs) so I can upgrade my version 4. Going from version 3 to 4 was painless.

My Blue Iris PC is an old i7-860 2.8GHz OC'd to 3.6 Ghz and has been running 24/7 for 10 years. I have 6 FHD & QHD cameras recording 24/7/365. To conserve electricity it usually doubles as my main PC unless I am doing something that requires my beast PC. It runs for months at a time without a reboot. I have NEVER had any issue with BI and never rebooted due to a BI issue. This makes the ver 5 issues all the more surprising to me.

Good luck.

This message is for Ken so he'll know some of us are still waiting and wanting to upgrade.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

I'm using 5.0.8.2, and a ton of stuff crashed when I updated.

I managed to get most of the cams working again, but now it drops the signal a lot, way more than I've seen it happen before. This is on both wired and wireless cameras.

For example, I have 2 Wyze V2 cams, the little cube cams. I use them just for experimenting and fooling around. They both worked fine before, but now one of them won't connect to BI without a lot of messing around, and then it'll drop shortly after it manages to connect.

Viewing both cams through the Wyze app works perfectly, 100% of the time. Both cams connect and stream just as they should.
They cams are configured identically, same network, exact same connection params, same FW, etc etc.

I can't think of what else it could be other than the latest BI update. :(

Also, this problem is driving me bonkers- BI switching from RTSP to HTTP when I save the config.
TimG wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:03 pm And let us know the errant version too. I'm all OK on 5.0.8.1 at the moment :shock:
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Thixotropic wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 pm I'm using 5.0.8.2, and a ton of stuff crashed when I updated.
What version of 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)' do you have?

The required version # changed for BI5 a while ago. But, the update does not verify prerequisite - only the full install verifies.

I found this out by accident last week! I accidentally executed the most recent full installer, and it told me that I needed the newer version of 'MS Visual C++'. I downloaded and installed it from Microsoft (MajorGeeks has this also). I don't see any changes in the way BI behaves.

The most current version needed is 14.24.28127.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... ckage.html
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

To check... Run the current BI full installer. It will check the prerequisites, then, start the install of BI which you can cancel without installing. If there are new prerequisites, it will tell you what you need.

Maybe this will solve some/all of your issues? I have no idea. But, it would be a good idea to update 'MS Visual C++' anyway.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Cool, thank you Mike. I'll give this a try and see what it says.

For now my plan is this:

1) Get everything working again and save the settings.
2) Never update BI again until and unless I'm sure it's absolutely, positively necessary.
3) Have a stiff drink or three.

MikeBwca wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:33 am
Thixotropic wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:18 pm I'm using 5.0.8.2, and a ton of stuff crashed when I updated.
What version of 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)' do you have?

The required version # changed for BI5 a while ago. But, the update does not verify prerequisite - only the full install verifies.

I found this out by accident last week! I accidentally executed the most recent full installer, and it told me that I needed the newer version of 'MS Visual C++'. I downloaded and installed it from Microsoft (MajorGeeks has this also). I don't see any changes in the way BI behaves.

The most current version needed is 14.24.28127.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/detail ... ckage.html
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

To check... Run the current BI full installer. It will check the prerequisites, then, start the install of BI which you can cancel without installing. If there are new prerequisites, it will tell you what you need.

Maybe this will solve some/all of your issues? I have no idea. But, it would be a good idea to update 'MS Visual C++' anyway.
teredactle

Post by teredactle »

I managed to get most of the cams working again, but now it drops the signal a lot, way more than I've seen it happen before. This is on both wired and wireless cameras.

For example, I have 2 Wyze V2 cams, the little cube cams. I use them just for experimenting and fooling around. They both worked fine before, but now one of them won't connect to BI without a lot of messing around, and then it'll drop shortly after it manages to connect.

Viewing both cams through the Wyze app works perfectly, 100% of the time. Both cams connect and stream just as they should.
They cams are configured identically, same network, exact same connection params, same FW, etc etc.

I can't think of what else it could be other than the latest BI update. :(

Also, this problem is driving me bonkers- BI switching from RTSP to HTTP when I save the config.
TimG wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:03 pm And let us know the errant version too. I'm all OK on 5.0.8.1 at the moment :shock:
I have 2 WCv2s w/RTSP fw (v.41) and I had no issues with the upgrade. I am testing BI right now (demo mode), but did the update from 5.0.8.1 to 5.0.8.2. However, I'm running BI in a HyperV VM so that I can snapshot (checkpoint) before any upgrades. I've been around long enough to know how a "patch" can totally wreck everything [this is why I run Plex in a VM as well].

I'm not seeing any issues connectivity wise, but the RTSP fw for WyzeCams is beta as far as I know, so more likely that is wonky than BI. Also, I am not recording 24/7, I'm using the cams only to record motion triggers, as you know the cams have the local SD card slots and with 64GB cards in there I don't need to record 24/7 though BI (also gives the CPU and storage a break). Seeing how others are experiencing problems, I'm glad I did a snapshot before upgrading it, I can switch it right back within 30 secs this way.