Ready to give up on BI5

cbunting

Ready to give up on BI5

Post by cbunting »

I am at my whits end with issues on BI5. It seems like I've been spending hours a week trying to fix issues constantly, there are updates every day almost, which makes me think it is still full of bugs.

Current problems are:

1) Mobile app / ui3 stops working sporadically, could be a few hours or a few days. Restarting the service fixes it.
2) HD over-allocates and fills up C drive... I had this problem a while back but now it has re-surfaced
3) ios mobile app sometimes will start showing "white boxes" under the preview of the alerts, and alerts no longer are accessible for that camera until a reboot.

I really liked BI and have always recommended it, have about 5 copies myself, but man, version 5 has been nothing but problems for all of my installations.

Is there a way to downgrade back to v4 by chance? Short of that I guess I am going to have to pony up the cash and buy something else
aherrmann

Re: Ready to give up on BI5

Post by aherrmann »

I am having issues with the UI3 page being viewed remotely only since the upgrade. It works internally.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

I will not allow auto updated as I do not want to be a BETA tester. I started with ver 5.0.0.56 several months back and it has been great. I tried a couple of updates to see what I was missing and troubles began. I wiped the slate and reinstalled my original release and all is well.
Many of the older versions are available from IPCT
https://ipcamtalk.com/downloads/blue-ir ... .3/history
WmG

Post by WmG »

Just another perspective and possibly helpful tool: BI5 has been rock solid for me using it only locally. I load each update as soon as it comes in, relying on BIUpdateHelper to bail me out if things go wrong. The one time I reverted to a previous version I notified support and heard back that the obscure "lost" functionality had been transformed to a new menu choice and was quickly back in business. I'm knocking on wood but for me BI had been a ridiculously inexpensive robust solution.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I also update quickly to the latest version, and have had no issues since the early BI5 versions. I don't allow BI5 to automatically update though - that's a job for the weekend when I can check all is OK.

I think BI5's strength is the amazing amount of options. Unfortunately this means that there are many ways to break existing functionality as you adjust the settings.

BI is the third dvr software that I have used, and I like it.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.