Linux

Sparks

Linux

Post by Sparks »

Any chance of a Linux based version 5? I am not even a Linux guy, but becoming more and more frustrated with the (noisy) user experience offered by the big data companies. MS coaxing you into using an MS logon to access Windows makes me want to vomit.

Thinking with a few additions the nice UI3 it might be good enough to run BI headless.
MikeBwca

Re: Linux

Post by MikeBwca »

After a quick search, it appears that Bi will run in Linux via Docker (whatever that is).
With that said, It is way over my head, as I have just an inkling of what it is.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Where did you read that BI might be going to Docker??? I would be shocked (and pleased) to hear this.

Docker is a way to containerize applications so that they can run on nearly any platform.
broachoski

Post by broachoski »

Sparks, Setup a local administrator account in Windoze and you will not have to loggin to MS.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

Sparks... Also, there is a registry setting to disable the 3 secret questions when adding a local account. Apparently, there is no way of deleting the 3 secret questions. So, if you enter simply answers, your basically screwed!

I found this earlier tonight, and thought I'd pass it on here...
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

HeneryH wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:22 pm Where did you read that BI might be going to Docker??? I would be shocked (and pleased) to hear this.

Docker is a way to containerize applications so that they can run on nearly any platform.
I did a Google search for BI linux.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

broachoski wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:19 am Sparks, Setup a local administrator account in Windoze and you will not have to loggin to MS.
Yes there are workarounds but MS would prefer that you log in.
Just sick and tired of having to setup an account and password and....just to buy a f***ing sandwhich.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I think another valid reason for asking about Linux or alternative OS versions is that in the hardware race the ARM platform is looking like it may be thriftier than Intel x86/64 based hardware. Intel is no longer in the lead. Not to mention the range of OS choices we would have if a Linux variety were available.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Problem is that BI is a one-man operation and he has (likely) other priorities.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

Sparks wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:58 pm Any chance of a Linux based version 5?
I would love a Linux version of BI. If there was one available, I would happily buy it again at full price.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS