BI ios app - No access to clips

Bluescamera

Re: BI ios app - No access to clips

Post by Bluescamera »

Did anyone ever find a solution to this ? I am battling this exact same issue on a machine of mine.
Thanks.
colelt1

Post by colelt1 »

No solution, but I started using team viewer when offsite to view anything on the camera.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Can we start over with the problem statement?

Can you access the BI web UI from your phone or laptop when away from your home network?
colelt1

Post by colelt1 »

HeneryH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:43 pm Can we start over with the problem statement?

Can you access the BI web UI from your phone or laptop when away from your home network?
Yes:

Offsite (or phone with wifi off)
I access my cameras it loads the site, I sign in, it loads up the cameras (live view) and if I am on the alert tab (or click it) it has the header with the date, but all the files do not load. Like the first 3 show a picture of the alert, the rest load with blank windows, then a few seconds later they disappear with "Failed to load!" all while the live view is still playing. If I click on anything the page does nothing and eventually throws up the json errors.

If I turn on wifi while on site, or access from the LAN, everything works fine.

https://i.imgur.com/gFCIUAg.png

HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

I'm not ignoring you, just stumped as to what could be causing this.

It was good to narrow it down to NOT being an IOS app issue since it behaves the same erroneous way on a browser.
colelt1

Post by colelt1 »

Thank you for the replies, I don't believe this is a BI issue, but am just hoping someone comes up with a better solution.

My money is on ATT doing some form of QoS/packet shaping, seeing this a "streaming media" or something. What provider do you all have? I have ATT uverse fiber (internet only, no TV). Like this seriously just came out of nowhere, no changes to my setup and works fine on LAN.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

My first thought on any of these 'connection' issues is port forwarding mistakes. You ruled that out.
Then I think someone may have messed up the IOS App config. You ruled that out.
I then ask folks to try using a remote connection that is NOT cellular (ie Starbucks). Have you tried that?
What is left??? I THINK that BI only uses the one web port for all comms. I'm really sure because that is all I have open.

I'm on Verizon FiOS at home and T-Mobile on mobile
colelt1

Post by colelt1 »

HeneryH wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:18 pm My first thought on any of these 'connection' issues is port forwarding mistakes. You ruled that out.
Then I think someone may have messed up the IOS App config. You ruled that out.
I then ask folks to try using a remote connection that is NOT cellular (ie Starbucks). Have you tried that?
What is left??? I THINK that BI only uses the one web port for all comms. I'm really sure because that is all I have open.

I'm on Verizon FiOS at home and T-Mobile on mobile
Unfortunately I have tried it from many hard-wire sites with all the same result (the screenshot is from my work, on ATT fiber also).
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

Sounds like you have ruled out all of the usual suspects. I'm sorry, I am at a loss. If no one else here has suggestions you might need to rely on the hit or miss company help line.
Bluescamera

Post by Bluescamera »

colelt1 wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:38 pm
HeneryH wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:43 pm Can we start over with the problem statement?

Yes:

Offsite (or phone with wifi off)
I access my cameras it loads the site, I sign in, it loads up the cameras (live view) and if I am on the alert tab (or click it) it has the header with the date, but all the files do not load. Like the first 3 show a picture of the alert, the rest load with blank windows, then a few seconds later they disappear with "Failed to load!" all while the live view is still playing. If I click on anything the page does nothing and eventually throws up the json errors.

If I turn on wifi while on site, or access from the LAN, everything works fine.

https://i.imgur.com/gFCIUAg.png

Exact same problem I have on a friends business system.
I changed the router out to a different model, a year 2003 unit I have laying around for testing, but get this.
On my Android phone now it works very good, but on his Apple phone it still has same problem. However on his apple phone he can access his home BI4 system just fine. He had BI4 on the business system and had problems, so I know it's not BI5. Driving me crazy !