Blueiris BVR Ext.

Louis

Blueiris BVR Ext.

Post by Louis »

How do you convert .BVR to Avi
MikeBwca

Re: Blueiris BVR Ext.

Post by MikeBwca »

Please read the help file for convert/Export.

When your viewing a bvr (or timeline) in edit mode...
1. Pause it.
2. Right click the video and select 'Convert/Export'.
3. Choose the output format. In your case, AVI.
4. Choose other options as appropriate. You may need to test until you get the combinations that work for you.
5. Choose the output folder.
6. Click 'OK'.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

and you can set start and end markers on the timeline for your export.

I wish there was a way to cross clips when exporting but I don't think there is.
TimG

Post by TimG »

I've just had a bit of an issue with this. The Police asked me if my cameras actually worked, and then asked me to check a specific time and date. Sure enough I have the footage of what they were after in a 4GB BVR file. I gave it to them as a the full 4GB BVR file, as well as 60MB AVI of the exact time, but it was made clear that they would prefer a stand alone player for the BVR file. All I could suggest was that they installed the demo version of BI5 to play it. Not perfect :shock:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
HeneryH

Post by HeneryH »

If you told them "Here is a AVI or some other readable format of the clip of interest, take it or leave it" I am sure they would be fine.

I totally don't buy the argument that they need the original file version for forensic authentic blah blah blah.

Then again, I am not a lawyer but an engineer. I know how easy it is to fake digital files and thinking that the BVR is any more authentic than a export clip is just fooling yourself.