Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

straes

Re: Blue Iris 5 Web Server Stops Working

Post by straes »

Rockit, I am having almost an identical issue. I was having harddrive issues and thought this was a symptom of that however, I have resolved those issues and these continue. In addition to your issues I am also not able to maximize any camera on my BlueIris application itself.

Has not running as a service given you any improvement.
Thixotropic

Post by Thixotropic »

straes wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:56 pm In addition to your issues I am also not able to maximize any camera on my BlueIris application itself.
This sounds similar to an issue I've had with almost every other release of BI recently, at least the last 8 or 9 releases I think, and it's become very annoying.

On my system it seems to be caching mouse clisks. If I double-click on a screen, nothing happens, but if I then single click on another cam screen it'll go full-screen. The only thing you can do is set the double-click action under the Cameras tab to "Temporary single camera layout". It's not the same but it's close.
Blue Iris 5.x x64 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | 16GB RAM | i7-7700 3.6 GHz | 1TB HDD | 2TB RAID NAS | 9 Cameras | Almost Dual NIC | 2KVA UPS
rockit

Post by rockit »

straes, that is good news for me ( :geek: ). I was worried about the problem being related to hardware (it still could be though, I'm running an Dell Otiplex 7070 i9).
Just to add, I also can't maximize the cameras when this happens. Another problem I've noticed is that when i update BI it cant close the application, I have to manually do it when its time to restart BI.

I've been running BI as a stand alone program (not as service) and its been working since then (>24h).
straes

Post by straes »

I have a similar issue each time I update as well. Mine has been running and accessible for 12 hours now, which is a record lately to make it through the night. I'm not sure what I did other than change my IP address from static within the computer back to assigned from the router. I wouldn't think that would have any effect on the local application though.
straes

Post by straes »

It didn't make it 24 hours. I've now swapped from a service as well to see how that goes.
rockit

Post by rockit »

Same here, I found in the Win log manager that BI had crashed with exception code 0xc0000005 and it doesn't look good if you read in this thread:
https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/faulting- ... dll.46039/
The exception code 0xc0000005 indicates a memory access violation. That most likely means you've found a programming bug in Blue Iris (good luck figuring out the exact cause though). It could also unfortunately be the fault of any third-party code Blue Iris uses, or it could be your PC hardware's problem.
What we have common is that we run Dell and both have had hard drive problems that have been resolved.
Last edited by rockit on Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rockit

Post by rockit »

Since I activated log to file in BI I can see that this happens when there is movement in BI. Its not sitting idle and bugging out.
rockit

Post by rockit »

straes wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:30 pm It didn't make it 24 hours. I've now swapped from a service as well to see how that goes.
I found this tread where the crashed was related to the alert reporting (https://blueirissoftware.com/forum/view ... 4206#p4206)
And I've been having problems with the Windows popup alert not working, so I disabled it and its now been >24h.
Maybe disable alert types and see what works...
Homer81

Post by Homer81 »

What I've found is that it seems BI randomly looses the ability to bind to the server port. If you open a dos prompt and type "netstat -an | findstr 81" where 81 is your port number if you've changed it.

When it's broken, you won't see anything. When it's working, you'll see the port.

I had some emails back with Ken and he mentioned that it will be added as a feature to monitor the web server. That's good..

However, I think I may have other issues because sometimes after a reboot it doesn't work right away. Anyone with advice on this?
JimC

Post by JimC »

I started getting a red shield error when BI would not record alerts. This started a week or so ago and I have tried deleting cameras and reinstalling, this and that. I have made a change in the setting on the Startup Tab. I noticed it was set to start with a red shield. I also changed my delay time to a full minute and so far, this has worked. I will add a screenshot of the changes made.
BlueIrisRedShield.jpg
BlueIrisRedShield.jpg (100.14 KiB) Viewed 10356 times