After running BI for years, I've also been hit with this dreaded problem a few days ago. Has anyone found a way to resolve or at least debug the cause? Tearing my hair out!!
Here are the symptoms I'm experiencing:
- After running for random timeframes (sometimes minutes, sometimes hours), the Blue Iris web server crashes. Port is still listening as it still responds to telnet, but http access is completely gone.
- The only remedy is to restart the service, but it crashes again shortly afterward
- All other Blue Iris functions such as local console, alerts, recording, etc. seem to be working.
Here are the things I've verified or tried so far:
- Downgraded to several different versions of BI5, even known working versions
- Switched ports. Same result (works for several minutes or even up to an hour, then BI webserver crashes)
- Made sure traffic served by BI is reasonable by disabling streaming clients
- Memory and CPU are at reasonable utilization (avg load is 35% and 25% respectively)
- This machine (Haswell I5 with 32GB memory) has been reliably hosting BI for several years now and hasn't gone through any recent windows updates
- Neither access logs nor bandwidth logs show any unusual traffic
I've also emailed support, but no response yet
If anyone can offer any advice, would definitely appreciate it!!! Thanks!