Camera display via WebView

General discussion about Blue Iris
ecsproull

Camera display via WebView

Post by ecsproull »

My goal is to allow a monitor to see a subset of our cameras for safety purposes. I'm using a good quality TV and WebView. I've noticed that the view of the camera group of six cameras is slightly distorted but viewing an individual camera is very clear. Is there a way to cycle through the individual cameras using the WebView? If there isn't a canned way to do this has anyone come up with a solution? Am I correct that the group view is using the sub-stream and the individual camera view is using the main-stream? Any suggestions on this issue would be greatly appreciated up to and including altering the WebView code.
Pogo

Re: Camera display via WebView

Post by Pogo »

WebView? Are you referring to UI3 perhaps?

And depending on what is more important, image quality or frame rate, you may be able to get by with tinyCam as a simple and effective solution that offers a variety of display options and sequenced groups or single cameras. It's resolution is very good, but typically at the expense of frame rate..., and what type of hardware it is running on. I use it on a GoogleTV/AndroidTV streaming device and it works pretty well for general purpose observation. I actually prefer it over UI3 simply for the convenience factor and ease of use.
ecsproull

Post by ecsproull »

I did a quick web search for TinyCam as I have no knowledge of it...yet. Can it work in conjunction with BlueIris? The 6 cameras that I want to display are a subset of the 20-camera system that is powered by BI. Do you have a pointer to some preferred documentation on TinyCam? Thanks for the tip. Can more than one app read the feed from a camera?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Here is the basic rundown. First, it's been around forever and is a solid platform. Unfortunately it's unsupported these days so you're basically on your own, but with the assistance of a couple online resources that still remain fairly active.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tinycammonitor

It works completely independent of Blue Iris and can display any camera that is also part of your Blue Iris system..., or all of them if you wish.

The learning curve is modest and getting a few cams up and running is pretty straightforward -- especially given an understanding of the parameters required for adding cameras to Blue Iris.

It's Android based and was primarily intended as a phone app, but with the proliferation of Android TV streaming devices it has become a perfect $3.99 solution for viewing any camera or surveillance system on any smart HD TV or monitor with an Android/GoogleTV streaming device or Firestick (later versions).

Some may scoff at the reduced frame rates. I did. Then I began to appreciate the sustained resolutions and aspect ratios as an acceptable trade-off for such a convenient solution anywhere I wanted to view my cameras -- just one, or all of them.

There are other options with Onvier becoming another fairly popular one.
ecsproull

Post by ecsproull »

Thanks for the info.