Turn Camera On/Off Remotely

DavBro

Turn Camera On/Off Remotely

Post by DavBro »

Customer has 11 cameras, including one in their pool area. They would like a way to enable/disable the pool camera remotely. Is this possible for the BlueIris mobile app? I know they can do it from the BlueIris host computer, but that is not easily accessible. I suppose they could also pull the patch cable for this camera in the wiring closet. I am looking for an elegant way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.
TimG

Re: Turn Camera On/Off Remotely

Post by TimG »

Do they have home automation ? A zigbee remote control, then it depends if it's a wall wart psu or POE. More details are required to nail it down :?

That would allow it to automatically power on again too after a pre-determined time.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
MikeBwca

Post by MikeBwca »

In the phone app...

In the cameras list (Not the camera view), Long-Press the camera to bring up the cameras settings.
At the very top is 'Enable'. If it's 'ON', tap to disable. If it's OFF' tap to enable.

Another option...
Further down in the list is the Pause button. Press to pause the camera for a specified time or indefinably.
When paused, the camera will not record or trigger. However, the camera is still viewable. Probably not what the user wants.
TimG

Post by TimG »

He's good. I thought I was the guy that pushed all the buttons to see what happens. I'll get my coat :lol:
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.