Android App through VPN?

ltek

Android App through VPN?

Post by ltek »

Anyone have an Android VPN app that automatically routes specific app communications through that VPN - without always turning on/off the VPN app?

thus...

VPN app is always 'on' but doing nothing until the user opens specifically defined mobile apps or specifically defined web sites, all that traffic is routed through the VPN... but none of the other traffic is?
TimG

Re: Android App through VPN?

Post by TimG »

Hi, I used to use OpenVPN but it wasn't automatic or pretty. I was just about to try it with Tasker when I read about ZeroTier. You set up a free account and then add the devices you want (Don't forget to "enable" each device in the online control web page). It basically adds a virtual LAN between your devices even if they are far apart. VERY simple to set up and use.

Edit: In the BI5 Android app, the LAN and WAN are both set to the ZeroTier IP address of the BI5 server with your BI webserver port (81 in my case).

<Your ZT IP>:81

In BI5 main settings/ Web server, the LAN address is the normal local LAN IP (no change), but the WAN address is empty, as your remote (or local) android device is now connecting via a virtual "local" LAN.

It just works. At home or away :D
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.