Proper AI settings

General discussion about Blue Iris
dwhelan

Proper AI settings

Post by dwhelan »

Hi - running latest stable release of 5.8.8.12 with latest CPAI 2.6.2 (clean install)

Unsure why I'm getting Object Detection (YOLOv5 6.2) command detect 'found suitcase' when ALL of my camera AI settings have ONLY 'ipcam-general' listed in the custom models alert setup. I've also tried disabiling 'Use Custom models' on the general AI settings tab and after rebooting still see objects reconized in CPAI status screen not included in the ipcam-general model.

What am I missing? Is the only way around this to delete all the other custom models in CPAI models folder I don't want?

David
TimG

Re: Proper AI settings

Post by TimG »

Steady on there !

Do you want to use the default model ? Ensure Settings/ Default object detection is ticked. Untick it if you want to use custom models.
If you want custom models, tick "Use custom models".

If you tick "Save AI analysis .DAT files" for a camera, you can then view a DAT file to see which models are being used. We can then use the 0: command to turn off unwanted models like this "Custom models: alpr:0,ipcam-combined,faces".

Then you turn off DAT files else they fill up your folders.
Forum Moderator.
Problem ? Ask and we will try to assist, but please check the Help file.
dwhelan

Re: Proper AI settings

Post by dwhelan »

Thanks so much for your suggestions TimG

This is feeling like whack-a-mole... All I want is for CPAI to detect person, yet it keeps taking extra CPU time and detecting many other types of object (correctly I should add).

So, I've done the following, but am still getting YOLOv5 6.2 detections for "Found Bowl, bicycle, potted plant" in the Console:

Disabled all my cameras except the front door
In General AI, have Use Custom models unchecked and Default object detection enabled. Shows Medium and Use GPU (I have a NVIDIA video card). Facial recognition disabled.
On the Camera/Alert/AI Configuration I have To confirm 'person', and in Custom models I have ipcam-general,actionnetv2:0,ipcam-animal:0,ipcam-combined:0,ipcam-dark:0,license-plate:0
I have Save AI analysis .DAT files enabled, and 'save unknown faces' disabled.
I have Face processing stopped, Object detection (YOLOv5 6.2) started.
If I trigger the camera and look at the DAT file in AI status window, it doesn't show the AI model used. I do notice static showing bicycle, bowl and potted plant...

Is BlueIris possibly not honoring my model lists while doing static object detection, thus causing these extra object detections to show up in the CPAI console?

Is this expected or not?

Thanks!

David