Storage allocation issues

mcvpjd3

Storage allocation issues

Post by mcvpjd3 »

Hi all, I've posted on here before about this issue and had some feedback with advice, but it didn't answer the question I actually asked. Since then I've re-done my storage but still having the same issues so I though I'd reach out again.
I've got a server running BI, I've configured my "New" storage to be on a dedicated disk on the server (I only record on Motion). The settings for the "New" storage is D:\BlueIris\New, managed folder, exclusive-use drive. I've set this to a size limit of xGB with the disk being twice that size, nothing elses uses this disk. I've then setup "Stored" as a link to a NAS "\\192.168.0.100\BlueIris". I've set this to various options, the latest being Managed Folder, shared drive. I've also set this to limit clip age, with something like 28 days (Delete after that). However all I ever seem to get is the D:\ drive filling up and nothing on the NAS drive. I don't even understand how the D:\ fills up when BI is set to only use half the disk.

So the question is, what should I set New and Stored to so that clips are saved to my local storage, and once it gets to xGB in size, then get moved to my NAS, which then stores them for 28 days and then clears them out?

Any help appreciated.
MikeBwca

Re: Storage allocation issues

Post by MikeBwca »

Last edited by MikeBwca on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
IAmATeaf

Post by IAmATeaf »

Does the account that you use to run BI as a service have sufficient rights to be able to create, delete and move files within the share that you have created.

Check the BI logs to see what it is trying to do and if there are any errors?
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

mcvpjd3 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:11 am I've set this to a size limit of xGB...
And what is supposed to happen after that? X-fered to Stored?